Calling all CPAP users

You can stop looking. Your doctor and your insurance will determine what you get. C-pap and bi-pap are different types of the same machine. Yes, the machine is about the size of a shoe box with humidity. BUT it doubles in size when you put it in the travel case. Mask, hose, power supply and cord takes up as much space as the machine does. Comes with its own travel case. It's about the size as a women's large purse. I'm on my 3rd machine in 15 years. I don't take mine for one night stands but any more than that and it goes with me.

Attachments

• VTX done 007.JPG
    VTX done 007.JPG
    204.3 KB · Views: 173
Cavie was right... there was no discussion of which unit was right for me.

The one thing I was surprised at was the machine has a cell phone transmitter that sends stats to the med company and thus my insurance. You have to use the machine most all the time or they take it away from you.

The resp tech told me that consistent use will improve my wakefullness and other health benefits over time. I am going to miss those power naps hehe

Anyway, we take off for airport to fetch my new to me trike tonight at 3AM. #3 kiddo is taking us... cheers.

Sleep study said I needed a CPAP machine pronto. After having been a volunteer fireman for many years, wearing a mask doesn't bug me but I wonder what folks do when they travel. How do you drag something that big on an airplane or on your trike? Guess you leave all those clean socks and underwear home? What size do these things come in... the one in the sleep study place was bigger than a shoebox. If you don't use one and have no first hand knowledge... well God bless you for your good health and decision not to give advice which isn't 1st hand hehe
I've been using CPAP and now AutoPAP for over 15 years and am now addicted to using the machine (can't sleep without it). it has never been a problem for me traveling either on bike or planes. The machines are pretty durable and if one breaks almost any CPAP store will loan you one or rent it. The are making the machines smaller and smaller. The smallest models are pricey but if you got one machine you can use the same prescription to buy as many as you want online.

If you know someone that works at a hospital they have little bottle of water they use for irrigation and CPAP's. (that's what I use for traveling and never had a problem with leaking. I've used bottled water several time when I ran out and does no harm to machine. Talk to the guys you got your machine from because they have machines that were out on rental and will sell at a deep discount... hope this helps and if you have any more questions i'll be happy to help out. Just ping me. good luck!!

I use mine religiously. Being a retired firefighter and scuba diver, masks don't even bother me. AND after using it, the bruises are almost all healed up! (From the Mrs. elbowing me between the shoulder blades to stop snoring)

You want to hear SNORING... sleep a night at a firehouse with 6 guys in the dormatory!!
:D:D

FIrst mask I got didn't fit well and the straps got pulled over my ears. The pain was waking me every night almost after about 3-4 hours of sleep. Got a second mask that fits much better and I am now sleeping 5-6 hours soundly. I haven't felt like dozing off while driving or working with power tools since on the machine.

I did shave off my grubby little chin whiskers to help the mask seal. The BIPAP machine seems to work at much higher pressures than a CPAP machine so finding the right mask is a bit of a chore. I used to get bruised ribs not from snoring but from the missus riding pillion and seeing I was falling asleep driving. Glad to put that behind me!

I won't even lay down for a 20 minute nap without mine on. It's almost like a security blanket. I use nasal pillows instead of a mask. Just works much better for me.

Respiratory therapist told me the pillows won't work at the pressure my machine delivers air. I pretty much have to have a mask that covers nose and mouth according to her.

I was a volunteer firefighter for Mico VFD for over a dozen years (retired from this last year) and a mask doesn't bother me as far as claustraphobia issues.

Doctors recommended I get a CPAP. Instead I opted to try a mouth guard called Pure Sleep. Pure Sleep solves about 98% of my nights and because it doesn't take electricity I can travel anywhere in the world I want ( and I do!).
https://puresleep.com/

You are living dangerously my man. It's not about snoring. It's about your heart stopping and you body waking you up. If you find yourself sweating at night while you sleep, it's your body waking up your stopped heart. I had 180 episodes during my sleep study. As far as I knew, I was sound asleep. I used to stain the pillow cases with sweat at night. If you had a sleep study and was hooked up to a machine during the night do as the doctor told you.

You are living dangerously my man. It's not about snoring. It's about your heart stopping and you body waking you up. If you find yourself sweating at night while you sleep, it's your body waking up your stopped heart. I had 180 episodes during my sleep study. As far as I knew, I was sound asleep. I used to stain the pillow cases with sweat at night. If you had a sleep study and was hooked up to a machine during the night do as the doctor told you.

Totally agree. If you had a sleep study and the doc told you to get a CPAP, you better do it. The thing you put in your mouth isn't going to stop you from coming to wakefulness 50+ times an hour. You might stop snoring, but you won't rest.

And I honestly can't believe you don't have access to electricity when you are sleeping. Do you sleep outdoors all the time?? Even in a truck or car you can plug into the electrical system of the vehicle.

Doctors recommended I get a CPAP. Instead I opted to try a mouth guard called Pure Sleep. Pure Sleep solves about 98% of my nights and because it doesn't take electricity I can travel anywhere in the world I want ( and I do!).
https://puresleep.com/

Cant imagine this helping snorers if one is a mouth breather as I am. My mouth opens up like the grand canyon. When my muscles relax while sleeping, that includes the jaw muscle, opening up my pie hole to take in a mack truck....:D

CPAP

Cavie was right... there was no discussion of which unit was right for me.

The one thing I was surprised at was the machine has a cell phone transmitter that sends stats to the med company and thus my insurance. You have to use the machine most all the time or they take it away from you.

The resp tech told me that consistent use will improve my wakefullness and other health benefits over time. I am going to miss those power

Hi, some comments, my insurance company, BCBS, wants to insure you use the equipment, at least 4 hours each night.

I switched from a mask to nasal pillows, another option to consider

Don't buy on line, your doctor can send your RX to a CPAP equipment provider, what's the advantage? You can try on various masks , nasal pillows etc. to see what you like best

Dental appliances need to be done by a dentist who specialize in these, there are several visits for fittings, needs to move the jaw forward to keep airway open, and they are expensive.

CPAP

I keep plenty of distilled water at my shop for use in my ultrasonic cleaner. Problem would come in while traveling and needing to find distilled water in some circumstances. Thanks for the tip!
I am on #3 now been on one for 15 years goes every were I go not a big deal.:pepper::pepper::pepper::)BIG DENNY

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvester

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvester
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png