caveman50's trike build

Apr 13, 2008
Ohio
Here are some pictures of caveman50's trike build. He will add some notes and be happy to answer your questions. Meet the "Reaper"!

Nana was kind enough to post a few pics of the trike build that is taking a lot of my free time & most of my free money, LOL. Subaru engine, subaru auto trans, custom air ride independent rear suspension, leading link air ride front, 3 seater with small bed, oh and a tailgate for tailgate parties, will try to have better pics soon, thanks

Nana was kind enough to post a few pics of the trike build that is taking a lot of my free time & most of my free money, LOL. Subaru engine, subaru auto trans, custom air ride independent rear suspension, leading link air ride front, 3 seater with small bed, oh and a tailgate for tailgate parties, will try to have better pics soon, thanks

Great work and coming along well

Nice job, I joined so I could follow your Subaru build a little closer. I have built 6 or 7 now using the VW full automatic adapted to the Subaru EA82 1.8 SOHC motors. The VW automatics are becoming very hard to find, so one of these days, I'll no doubt have to start building using the Subaru tranny as well. I prefer to build with the VW trans as I don't care for the mid engine style. I like the motor to be easier to get to hanging off the trans in the back, but if I can't find the VW stuff to work with, then I'll just have to bite the bullet and go with what I can find. However even these little Subaru motors are becoming hard to find, so it looks like I'll probably have to start using the larger 2.2 Subaru found in most of the 90's models. Lots of them out there but not as easy to work with.

I lucked out on this one, bought a running car with 54000 miles for 400.00, drove it home & kilt it. I also have built a few trikes, however quit scrounging for overpriced vw parts years ago, to each his own I suppose. Thanks for your interest, may contact you about changing to carb, going to see how the fuel injection goes first. Hope to have better pics soon. Cave

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roadrunner1

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roadrunner1
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png