Chasing a fender vibration problem on my InstaTrike

Been a while since I have visited here but I'll update everyone on my progress... For the most part, my vibration is gone... I can ride at 70-75 and all is pretty smooth... I believe that tire alignment is paramount to keeping vibration low...

If the cart tires are not nearly in perfect alignment with the rear tire, they are being "scrubbed" across the pavement and as a result, vibration occurs... I take great pains in getting my tire alignment to 1/16" or less, and the closer to perfect results in less vibration...

We must remember that these outriggers are a work around to a full trike kit, and as such, there will be issues that must be addressed unlike a regular trike conversion...

I have tinkered with my Tow Pac kit for nearly 6 years now and as a result, know the adjustments and performance envelope of my kit pretty well...

Each installation on a different motorcycle will offer slightly different challenges and may require different adjustments than I use but again, I have been quite satisfied with mine after tuning, adjusting, and tuning some more... It takes time to get it adjusted to your riding style and weight...

Too much down force and/or too much tire pressure will yield quite a harsh ride... I run 32 PSI in my tires and this proves satisfactory for me... My down force is adjusted so that it takes a good firm 2 handed tug on the cart rim to move the tire on smooth concrete... I also have mine adjusted to compensate for road crown in the right hand lane, which is where I spend most of my time driving...

I also have a 4 degree Traxxion rake kit installed which makes mine handle a bit differently than one without a rake kit... I also run a car tire on the rear and a BT-45 on the front (double dark side for those familiar with that term)...

Don't give up on the kit - it takes some time and effort to get it right, but also realize that this is NOT a $15-20K conversion, so keep your expectations in line with the dollars expended...

Les

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvester

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvester
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png