clock spring

Dragon

250+ Posts
Dec 28, 2010
oly,wa
Good morning

another part that is becoming hard to get, I couldn't get one from o'reillys, autozone doesn't list one, napa could not get one, ford dealer said 2 weeks and was twice as expensive, I ordered one online from oemparts and they have to special order one, don't want to go to junk yard:Shrug:

Dragon

Good morning

another part that is becoming hard to get, I couldn't get one from o'reillys, autozone doesn't list one, napa could not get one, ford dealer said 2 weeks and was twice as expensive, I ordered one online from oemparts and they have to special order one, don't want to go to junk yard:Shrug:

Dragon

Maybe a Polaris dealer might have them the slingshot's use them ....

When i was on a Slingshot forum a few guys needed them after they changed their steering wheel to after market ones...

Good morning

I would like to say i have my clockspring and the replacement went very smooth:mad:. I still do not have a clockspring yet and now i cannot get the steering wheel off, first time i took it off i pulled and off it came. not so this time it will not budge even using pullers. I use the wheel a lot for getting in and out of the beast, pulling on wheel for leverage, i am wondering if i have maimed up the splines on wheel or shaft. I have never had this problem before and don't tell me this happens to old farts a lot:laugh:

Dragon

Good morning

I would like to say i have my clockspring and the replacement went very smooth:mad:. I still do not have a clockspring yet and now i cannot get the steering wheel off, first time i took it off i pulled and off it came. not so this time it will not budge even using pullers. I use the wheel a lot for getting in and out of the beast, pulling on wheel for leverage, i am wondering if i have maimed up the splines on wheel or shaft. I have never had this problem before and don't tell me this happens to old farts a lot:laugh:

Dragon

When i first got my Slingshot i used the steering wheel also to pull my self out and i often wondered how long that wheel would last ?.. ...

Once i got a roof [Slingshade]..I would just reach upon the rail and sky hook my way out.....

Good morning

Dragon

Chuck, with the puller installed have you given the lead screw a good smack dead on with a hammer? If not try it, this a lot of times will help to pop the wheel off the splines;)

Hello

thought I would close this thread out with yea. could not get j type puller to grip just tore up the inside of wheel. I modified 2 bolts to fit and used them to pull. wheel was really rusted on. clock spring took 3 weeks:Shrug: to arrive. now my cruise works again.

Thanks

Dragon

Hello

thought I would close this thread out with yea. could not get j type puller to grip just tore up the inside of wheel. I modified 2 bolts to fit and used them to pull. wheel was really rusted on. clock spring took 3 weeks:Shrug: to arrive. now my cruise works again.

Thanks

Dragon

ThumbUp...................

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drew73

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drew73
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png