Clutch Lever pull

I have a pair of these on my Freewheeler. Softbrake.com | If you don't have a Softbrake, You're dragging your feet.

They make the pull shorter without any mechanical change.

Thanks Lola, I put that site in my favorites and will check them out. That could be a great solution plus make the switch to chrome at the same time.

I was the one that induced Lola to the Softbrake. Had them on my 16 and now on my 20. They make a world of difference. Your hand is not stretch out and engagement is shorter. Plus the proprietor answers any questions personally. Got to try them!

Mee too

I have been considering the rekluse clutch myself. Little on the spendy side. Upwards of $800+ the installation($3-400) The other option I was considering was the Easy pull clutch, which is suppose to reduce the pull 40%. Didn't get a price on that one, I was more interested in the rekluse clutch. Was talking to the dealer and they can/have installed many of both. I favored the rekluse because it automaticly separates the clutch plates from the flywheel when coming to a stop, so no need to pull the clutch lever in when stopping. When your ready to leave the stop light just give it gas and away you go. But then again you still need to/should/suppose, to use the clutch lever to shift through the rest of the gears up or down. But when coming to a stop it automatically disengages the clutch. I know, many of you (Me too) just put it in neutral at the light. Then when the light turns green, ya put it in 1st gear and away you go. Well, I've come to the conclusion that I don't think I want to do that anymore. I would like to try the rekluse clutch. Besides, the wife said she would pay half. Now how about that?

I was going to say look into the Recluse auto clutch, its kinda pricy but it acts like an automatic at the stoplights since it's a centrifugal type but it also keeps your clutch lever fully functional.

Right now I have the Softbrake lever on order for mine but thats more because I want to move the engagement zone down closer to the grip like my other bikes.

moving ahead

Made an appointment with the dealer June 11, to install the rekluse clutch. Around $210 for installation. Warranty; it’s risky. I have one year and one month left on my warranty on my 2020 TG. I have 12,000 miles on the bike. I suppose if the front wheel falls off they would cover it. Any engine issues would probably be questionable as they probably would try to tie it into the non-Harley installed Clutch. Oh well, it is what it is, it be what it be.

Made an appointment with the dealer June 11, to install the rekluse clutch. Around $210 for installation. Warranty; it’s risky. I have one year and one month left on my warranty on my 2020 TG. I have 12,000 miles on the bike. I suppose if the front wheel falls off they would cover it. Any engine issues would probably be questionable as they probably would try to tie it into the non-Harley installed Clutch. Oh well, it is what it is, it be what it be.

From what i understand that when an authorized Harley dealer installs a part as long as it Doesn't violate EPA Laws....Your warrantee is still in force...:Shrug:..Now if you have it installed buy a Non Authorized shop...All bets are off..:Shrug:..

From what i understand that when an authorized Harley dealer installs a part as long as it Doesn't violate EPA Laws....Your warrantee is still in force...:Shrug:..Now if you have it installed buy a Non Authorized shop...All bets are off..:Shrug:..

Well, that is good to hear. As I am having the Harley Davidson dealer that I bought the motorcycle from doing the install

I would still like to see it in writing, That makes it a contract

The dealer one uses may say they will warranty it ,but I would go to someone @ corporate to get a positive answer;)

I would still like to see it in writing, That makes it a contract

The dealer one uses may say they will warranty it ,but I would go to someone @ corporate to get a positive answer;)

I thought of that, getting corporate to sign off. And that is a great idea. I talked to the service manager and he said it was “risky“. So that’s when I decided I would wait till next year. Then I thought about it for about 4 days and decided I am not going to wait a year. I’m going to have it put on. Life is too short and I have 12,000 miles on the bike and it is doing well at this point. If I pursued corporate and try to get it in writing I would probably die before I get it. So I’m going to gamble and go for the gusto.

I thought of that, getting corporate to sign off. And that is a great idea. I talked to the service manager and he said it was “risky“. So that’s when I decided I would wait till next year. Then I thought about it for about 4 days and decided I am not going to wait a year. I’m going to have it put on. Life is too short and I have 12,000 miles on the bike and it is doing well at this point. If I pursued corporate and try to get it in writing I would probably die before I get it. So I’m going to gamble and go for the gusto.

Good luck, there are many online reviews on that set up. For the most part it gets a thumbs up;)

Rekluse

I have “mechanic’s elbow“, squeezing the clutch for a long time was tough for me too. I put in the Rekluse before we went to Sturgis in 2019, preparing for stting in traffic. I love it.

It was fun to play with. I’d keep my left hand in my lap and move the bike forward a little bit. Some guys were wide-eyed…

As far as safety at stoplights, you won’t have to worry about being in neutral. If a car looks like it’s going to get too close, just give it a little throttle and move forward.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
4spen@Proj2
Back