Clutch Switch Issue

I asked a Honda tech what they thought.
Since the radio works in neutral, they suspect the side stand switch.

I have an appointment Friday Morning with the Honda dealer to check it out. The trike builder agreed to pay for any costs due to the trike build.

UPDATE: Adjustments done. Radio works.
Backup lights and running lights do not.

Honda Tech has called CSC.
CSC has referred to their engineers.

Pfff.

I appreciate your input. Thanks.

If it were the side stand, would it not cut the ignition off?

Depends on the builder. Since the kick stand was going away he may have decided to use that part of the wiring to power the stereo and didn't know what he was doing.

if you have taken your top shelter off check to see if the antenna is plugged in good. sounds like when your standing still it is making contact but when your moving it is not.

FIGURED IT OUT...
The ancillary ground from the kit was not grounded.

That's it.
Everything works.

Hey George, great news. Yes, those pesky ground(s) can be a bug for sure when not connected, or when they come lose. Glad to hear that the problem is resolved. Enjoy your ride.ThumbUp

UPDATE: Adjustments done. Radio works. Backup lights and running lights do not. Honda Tech has called CSC. CSC has referred to their engineers. Pfff.

So MDGeorge, the side stand switch was your problem with the audio sound? If I remember mine would not run if the side stand switch was set wrong. I had to adjust mine to or it would die when I put it in gear (if I remember right :( ). Mine starts and goes down the road fine.

Where is the ancillary ground location?

This thread just helped me greatly. I had the same exact issue and bike. (2012 GL18 CSC Viper).

The ground wire I needed was the white wire from CSC Body (harness on left side with backup wiring). My issue was battery was replaced and white wire was on battery positive instead of negative.

This thread just helped me greatly. I had the same exact issue and bike. (2012 GL18 CSC Viper).

The ground wire I needed was the white wire from CSC Body (harness on left side with backup wiring). My issue was battery was replaced and white wire was on battery positive instead of negative.

Shawn.........Welcome To Trike-Talk..........:wave4::wave4:....

Shawn welcome aboard. we are here to share our knowledge.

Back