Cooling fans

I know what you mean about seeing beauty, but for motorcycles I be holding to the idea that some cooling fans look like someone had a little too much Al-Key-Hall and installed an air cleaner cover over the horn instead of over the air filter on the other side of the bike. While the FCS has 2 incredibly small(less than 3" dia) Fans that are barely large enough to partially block the view of the top of the spark plugs & plug wire boots and the black & silver design seems to allow it to blend into the side of the engine. At least that is what I be holding too.

Had never used any type of fan before. I got the Wards, fit , finish and cooling work great. I cannot speak to look and function of any other brand.
Dennis

Re: cooling fans

I also have the FCS fans from Wards parts works. They have done a fantastic job so far. Also Jayson will give you true 1 on 1 support when you need it. (if you need it) They also come in chrome finish or black with stainless screens on both . Not so large as to cover up much engine. But large enough & powerful enough to do the job they were intended for.
I have the temp switch so they run after you kill the engine long enough to help the engine cool out faster, & keep cycling until it is cooled down so far. Never a problem with battery draw, as they only need to cycle a couple times.
Most of your heat comes from the combustion area in the heads & in the top end of the cylinder. If you can cool the head & top of cylinder your oil temps will fall also. The oil picks up a lot of the heat from the heads. You receive less benefit by trying to cool just the cylinders.ThumbUp

I have the Wards and an Ultra Cool. My temp stays at 230 on warm days. I like my setup so far.

That's your opinion, I think they look fantastic, I get compliments about them every where I go, so your opinion is not shared by the people that see mine on my 2012 Trike. they don't hide the chrome heads at all, just cover the spark plug area. The most beautiful warts I ever saw, and wow do they work! That's my opinion.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvester

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvester
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png