DK Custom's 13" NexGen Shocks, WOW!

Oct 15, 2019
Flagstaff AZ
I installed DK Custom's 13" NexGen shocks on my 2015 TG. I already had the comfort lift installed. What a combination! I do not understand how HD could put such poor performing shocks on. The trike now can be called a Tri Glide because that is what it does, glide over the road! The jarring ride is gone. Handling is now a dream. There is absolutely no comparison.

My son, who is a certified mechanic, was impressed literally out of the box. He said the fit and finish was unbelievable. He could tell that no expense was spared on construction. He was explaining the difference between the stock and the NexGen shocks to his wife who had no clue what he was talking about but listened due to his enthusiasm.

Thanks Kevin and team for making great products that are actually worth the money!

PS, while researching on how to install the shocks, I came across this video of a mechanic who did his first install of the shocks. His reaction at the end of the video at 1630 says it all.

Thanks for the feedback guys.

We spent over a year developing these, constantly striving to make them better. The mantra during the testing and tweaking, and more testing, was that these shocks had to be head and shoulders better than anything else, or there was no point in making them.

It took a while, but we were pleased with the end result, and it is great to hear that others are also! :)

Kevin

UPDATE!

Took a ride with the wife today. She was amazed at the difference in the ride. No more bone jarring bumps. Definitely wife approved!

My next upgrade was going to be improving the front suspension, but I honestly do not need to do it now with the improved ride. I always thought that the front suspension was shot because of how poorly it handled. The bike has a 130/60-B19 front tire which was on the TG when I purchased it. I had thought that it might be my issue but surprise, its not. The problem was actually the bad stock suspension! It no longer jars my arms over rough roads and steers/handles like a dream.

The trike only had 5000 miles on it when I purchased it. The ride has always been bone jarring rough no matter how the shocks and tire pressure was adjusted. I still cannot believe HD would put out a trike that rode and handled so terribly. It would be great if you could custom order a TG with NexGen shocks!

Another fan of the Nexgen shocks.

I installed the 14" shocks with comfort lift brackets, the ride is greatly improved, the harshness of the ride is gone.

If you install these yourself, do yourself a favor and remove the body first (6 bolts inside the box), it is well worth the extra effort.

IMG_3225small.jpg

Great Shocks

I just installed the 13' Nexgen trike shocks on my 2020 TG. A world of difference from the OEM Stufff. LIke halfnormal says, "Now the TG just glides over the road". That's the way it should have been from the start. I considered buying them for 2 years but just kept putting it off. Finally 2 years later I bought and itstalled them. I should have done it 2 years ago! LIke everyone says, no more jarring. They're great. I actually condsider selling the bike because of the suspension. But not now. I also installed at the same time, the Ricor Front fork intiminator valves. World of difference there too! It a new feeling on the TG all around and 10 times more enjoyable to ride.

Another fan of the Nexgen shocks. I installed the 14" shocks with comfort lift brackets, the ride is greatly improved, the harshness of the ride is gone. If you install these yourself, do yourself a favor and remove the body first (6 bolts inside the box), it is well worth the extra effort.

View attachment 114138

Is it necessary to lift the trike off the ground to do this?

I know there are quite a few questions they ask, your weight etc etc, I understand this, my problem I don't have a girl friend any more and maybe some day I will, I guess I could say she weighs 150lbs and go from there, I know I do not want a girl friend that weighs 150, maybe around 125 or less. Curious what kind of ride I would get with a fiction 150 lb girl friend, I don't carry much in the trunk area and the tour pak maybe 15lbs and I'm guessing on this, not much in tour pak excpet glasses, ear plugs, gloves, shirts, goggles not a whole lot with weight.

How hard is it to change it from what they have it set at, did see the video posted above and seen the allen screw to loosen it and turn if either clockwise or other way and from what he said a full turn.

I only put around 1,000 or 1,200 miles a year on my trike so I always take the quickest route to the highway, interstate, bypass, don't do much driving in town because of pot holes, etc etc, I do know the bridges have some bumps in them that jar me a little.

I wish I did more driving like most of you and I know some of you on here must live on the trike, with bone on bone in lower back from a injury at work and now spinal stenosis that is why so little miles, but I do enjoy riding and will continue until I can't do it anymore.

All for now Trampas

The reasons for all the questions is so they can preload the settings. You can always adjust it later on depending on you're riding.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvester

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvester
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png