DK Customs Clean and Cool Oil Filter Relocation and Cooler Add.

Forgot to ask Kevin ... rather than bug them, I'll ask here ... you want the old "wrong" bracket back?Put it in the trash trailer ... it's in the box it came in so wouldn't be a big deal to get it back out. Let Me know ... guessing not.

No, we never want to see those again! We put all the ones we had here in the recycle bin. :xzqxz:

Thanks anyway. :laugh:

Kevin

No drips, nil runs, no errors.

So gorgeous today. Decided to go finish the install.

Just pushed the trike out of the garage, didn't start it. Wanted to keep most of the oil in the pan.

Worked out well. the trike was aimed down hill, so most of the oil just went in the pan. I gotta say, not nearly as much as I thought. Maybe like 1/2 a pint.

Put the oil filter adapter on with a fresh coat of oil on the seal. Hooked up the hoses, fired the FBG up. Shifted the infotainment system to oil pressure. Climbed right on up to around 30#. I don't remember it being that high.

Let it run while I checked for leaks, NADA.

Here's the Adapter from the side.

Adapter from Side.jpg

Here's the Adapter from the front.

Adapter from Front.jpg

Oil Pressure.

Oil Ptressire.jpg

So, I went to the wand wash, sprayed the area where the filter always dribbles, then all the connections. While there I figured, what the hay, get the dust off.

Took it for a 38 mile round trip ride that included like 14 miles of I 70 at 75 mph.

When I got home, left it running and checked oil temp as read by my digital dipstick. After that kind of ride I would normally see like 240* ish. It read 215*. Granted, by the time I got cleaned up, tools put away it was like 57*, be interesting to see how it is when air temp get to 90+*.

When I got home, after checking the oil temp, I shut it down. Waited about 20 minutes, checked torque on everything. Also checked oil level. It was just at the hi marked before the install, now just below, not to the first line on the digital thing, so didn't even add any (I got carried away when I did the last oil change and was planing to use the pump I attach to the drill to lower it a touch, no need now).

So, I will see how I like it when it gets warm, but, I'm loving it so far. Think I might get a Chrome Water Pump Cover, ya know, since the oil filter won't p$$ on it anymore ... :D

PS. If I was to do this install again, I think I would assemble the oil filter relocater, and the cooler w/the bracket, and before I mounted them, I would do the filter adapter. Got a little tight in there. Then do the cooler, then the filter relocater. Probably took a couple minutes extra the way I did it, but less than and hour to hook up the adapter, clean up and test for leaks.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stockville69

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stockville69
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png