DNA Trike Axle Belt Tensioner

Apr 29, 2022
Durham, NC, US
Hey Everyone. I just bought my first trike, which is a 2002 Ultra Classic with a DNA rear axle. While fixing up things, I noticed the belt was a bit loose, and looking closer I saw that both tensioner bolts are completely missing. :(

Does anyone who has a DNA axle know the bolt thread size and length that I need for the tensioners?

Thanks in advance

Hey Everyone. I just bought my first trike, which is a 2002 Ultra Classic with a DNA rear axle. While fixing up things, I noticed the belt was a bit loose, and looking closer I saw that both tensioner bolts are completely missing. :(

Does anyone who has a DNA axle know the bolt thread size and length that I need for the tensioners?

Thanks in advance

Brian….Welcome to Trike Talk..👍👍..

Thanks in advance

Mine are 10mm x 1.5 but then, it may not be the only size they used. The older ones used a standard harley rear sprocket, I believe, which mine is definitely not, so they've gone through some changes, over the years.

Mine are 10mm x 1.5 but then, it may not be the only size they used. The older ones used a standard harley rear sprocket, I believe, which mine is definitely not, so they've gone through some changes, over the years.

Thanks for the reply, Ron. I just tried a 10mm x 1.5, and it's close but seems to be a different thread. I'll keep trying.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drew73

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drew73
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png