Do you ride on New Years Day?

Nov 11, 2010
Richmond, VA USA
An old biker homily is that if you ride on New Years Day you will be riding all year....I haven't missed a NYD ride in 50 years.

Do you ride on NYD?

Yes No Depends on the weather

I was a regular at our annual Frozen Butt Ride until I got a little older and the bones feel the cold a lot easier. So it definitely depends on the weather for me. Chicago is undependable - one year mild, the next brutal!
Russ

Our HOG group and Dealership are having a Frozen Butt ride at 11am New Years Day. About 50 miles down by the Snake River. I will be there. We have not had any snow yet, been gettin down to mid teens at night, upper 30's during the day. Should not be too bad if that does not change.

Here in good old Minnesota by New Years Day there is to much SALT on the roads to ride as you all know what salt does to a Trike. So I don't ride on New Years Day. ThumbUp

Up here in northern NY the temps are usually in the single numbers and the roads are full of salt -- so I just go in the garage and sit on the trike ( and hope no one is looking )

I ride every new year day.I mite not go far,but I do ride.Planning to ride to Bagley state park with GWRRA CHAPTER "M" this year.Open ride ya'll are welcome to join in if you want.RIDE SAFE

This is the first I have ever heard of a ride on New Years Day and do not believe anybody in their right mind participate in one in this area. My poor steed is not operable at this time anyway, but if it were I would go for a short jaunt.

We have both a "last day of the year ride" and a "first day of the year ride". Been on both plenty of times in decent weather and not so decent as long as there's no snow on the roads. On last year's New Years Day ride it was 18° out but still rode the 200 miles. Had a blast!!

I enjoy riding Christmas and on New Years a local radio station
here on long Island has a cold finger run which I plan on attending.
I will be using the top and side doors to stay warn.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tmorri1
Back