Does your Freewheeler idle smoothly?

So, show of hands, how many of you all have EITMS enabled? I have it enabled but am planning to turn it off.

Used it for a short period then turned it off… IMO there are a multitude of other cooling options that work without dealing with the funky idle and quirky acceleration from idle (like raising the RPM’s prior to accelerating from an idle to disengage the ETMS).

So, show of hands, how many of you all have EITMS enabled? I have it enabled but am planning to turn it off.

I have my EITMS enabled, That said i only notice it in the summer and then only on a very hot day when stopped at a traffic light...Other than that its not an issue for me...Like Ron--(Hydraglide)--Said i just raise the idle a little before accelerating from the light..

When you are stopped in traffic the EITMS if enabled will kick in and idle will be up and seem uneven

If you do not have the EITMS enabled it should idle smooth and not vary up or down +or - 10 RPM, typical( idle set by the computer is ) 950

So Jack, always when I'm sitting at a red light my idle fluctuates between 820 to 880.it goes 820, 840,860, 880 and repeats. I'm not using EITMS. Other than that it seems to run like a champ no complaints but thought it was a little strange it was like that.

So Jack, always when I'm sitting at a red light my idle fluctuates between 820 to 880.it goes 820, 840,860, 880 and repeats. I'm not using EITMS. Other than that it seems to run like a champ no complaints but thought it was a little strange it was like that.

Yup, mine hovers @ 950, just ride it like a big dog:laugh:

I was watching a DK video and I think they said the 107 idled about 850 and the 114 about 950. Jack, you're riding the 114 now true?

Yes, the 107 idle was fixed @ the factory, BUT, with a tuner you could change that and more

The M8 became more of a challenge with the MOCO and their ignorant and compromised IMO agreement with the EPA

HD got away with a lot of untrue statements and policies in this ERA, but they finally got smac

ked back to reality, the EPA /HD consent decree was a bunch of baloney

Read here

https://www.epa.gov/enforcement/consent-decree-harley-davidson

If Harley engines were to idle smooth then they would lose their charm…..The 45° angle of the cylinders is the reason people feel right sitting on them…Also dogs love the sound ….Harleys are the only bikes that I rode where dogs would constantly chase me..😁

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roadrunner1

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roadrunner1
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png