Eliminate Your TG Clutch?

Saw something like this demo'd in Sturgis (Rapid City Harley) this last year. Was very impressed with it. Picked up a couple brochures but don't know where I put 'em. Seems the name of the company started with a "R". If I remember they were selling for around $750.00 installed at the show. Basically it was a new clutch basket configuration. Guess there's several companies jumping on this band wagon.

8~\o

It is Rekluse and this is them.. They had a booth at Sturgis this last year. One of their videos shows them doing demos...

So Trent are you then no longer using the Auto clutch? Did you like it while you had it and would you go back if you were not at a stage 4 tune on your trike?

I do not have it in my TG now. I tested both models for them and I really did like them a lot. As I stated earlier, I did not like that I could not park my TG in first gear without it rolling easily while in gear. Designers had not thought of that with a trike because a two wheeler in gear with the kick stand down is not rolling anywhere. But, the design engineer said he had a way to fix that issue, and was in the process of doing so for me to try out, but I had already switched back to my heavy duty clutch to handle the stage 4.

And Yes... I would put the heavy duty auto back in there again. It did shift so smooth, it was like butter! They really had me beat it up to try and make it fail, because they would fix and replace everything on their dime of course. I did beat the crap outta that thing trying to break it, and didn't over a coupla thousand miles.... It would be a great product for left hand physical problem issues. Or just the fact that it shifts so smoooooooth.....And you can park at stoplights or wherever, in gear, with just the foot brake on and use your left hand to scratch your butt or wave to people or something...

Cannot say anything bad about the product at all.. along with a no affiliation disclaimer again...!! I was just a guinea pig!!!

"...............I did not like that I could not park my TG in first gear without it rolling easily while in gear. Designers had not thought of that with a trike because a two wheeler in gear with the kick stand down is not rolling anywhere. But, the design engineer said he had a way to fix that issue, and was in the process.........!!
Yep, that's them. I posed the same TG issue to them at Sturgis. Left with them scratching their heads. Maybe they've thought of something.

8~\o

Yep, that's them. I posed the same TG issue to them at Sturgis. Left with them scratching their heads. Maybe they've thought of something.

8~\o

So,, when you asked them about the Trike rolling while in gear, they did not have an answer huh? Maybe they gave up on figuring out a way to fix that MINOR little problem. I reckon if you still have the parking brake on your TG and wanna deal with that piece of crap, you can always use it to keep from rolling while in gear. My parking brake is in a box on the shelf where it seems to function the best, but that is a whole 'nother discussion with many threads on here to support that. ;)

I should mention that they were all the nicest guys you would ever wanna meet. Very knowledgeable about mechanics of stuff and very down to earth regular guys that all ride some form of bike or another. Just good people to deal with.

..........I reckon if you still have the parking brake on your TG and wanna deal with that piece of crap, you can always use it to keep from rolling while in gear. My parking brake is in a box on the shelf where it seems to function the best.....
They made the same remark to me, something about using the parking brake. I ask "what parking brake ?" Mine's also on the shelf in the garage. I do however us a Velcro strap on my front brake lever when parked, BUT didn't share such information with them.

8~\o

Well, they must not have figured out the cure for that issue then. Too bad, as that is the only negative concern that I could come up with. I still think it is a good product. I have not had any interaction with them since I did the #4 a year ago, so dunno what they are doing now.

I mat have to look into this, with "author" getting worse in my left hand this could be the answer. The 14 TG has to me a stiffer clutch pull...

thanks all

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joefontenot

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joefontenot
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png