Enclosed Trailer

I have a 7x14 NEO V-Nose single axle w/independent suspension. I have pulled that thing to the east coast and through the Rocky Mountains more than once. The best towing trailer I have ever had, and I have had a few. :D

I asked a question about trailers on the HD Forum and there were some very favorable comments about Iron Horse trailers. Expensive but maybe you get what you pay for. I'm not doing anything till spring but right now I'm leaning toward the Iron Horse.

http://www.ironhorsetrailers.com/

Yeah - I was also looking at the Iron Horse trailers and then I came across "The Ultimate Trailer" http://the-ultimate-trailers.com/ They are air lowering and look like the cat's meow - although I know of absolutely no one that has ever had one! Really thinking about one or the other - the air lowering really is my choice right now b/c of the ease of loading and unloading. It'd be hell though if the pump ever gave out in the middle of nowhere!

Anyone have any experience with these trailers?

I am on my 4th trailer for M/C's and have to suggest looking at the "LEGEND" all aluminum trailers. The model 714LRV is a low profile tandem axle that is absolutely beautiful and very well engineered. Perfect fit for the trike. Located wheel chock to have 330 lbs on tongue when loaded. They certainly have the finest quality and fit of the many trailers I researched. I made a XL spreadsheet of the several models that appealed to me and will be happy to share it if anyone is interested. Email canman945@gmail.com

Looking to purchase a trailer for the trike . Seen these on ebay out of Georgia. Anybody know anything about them or a suggestion for a enclosed trailer. thanks

enclosed cargo motorcycle 2 bike trailer 7x10 finished ramp and side door NEW | eBay
Just remember you need to take about 1600lbs off of the weight capacity before you put anything in it. I brought one of the same and by the time you put your Trike in it, you are not far from the limit. Anything over the limit and you will be buying tires pretty often. Oh by the way the 1600lbs is the weight of the trailer EMPTY

Does this link open the website for the company you are referring to?

http://www.legendmfginc.com/

Thanks DTR11TG. I didn't post the link as it seemed too "promotional" but you have the correct link. Look under these aluminum frame trailers and you will see how well they designed the reinforced torsion axle mounting area. I have no connection with the company, however, they responded to a chrome axle hub issue by advising a change to stainless. Trailers are pricey but look at the resale values, wow.

I recently ordered at 7x12 wedge for my Trike. The Triglide is very narrow, only about 54 inches so it will fit thru the door of a 6x10 or 6x12 easily. Get the wedge. More storage and easier to handle. I would recommend electric brakes. The cost is minimal if ordered new. Depends on how much weight you plan to haul. I have a Trike that is 63 inches wide in the rear, so I needed a 7x12. A lot will depend on what you are pulling the trailer with.

My dealer told me the folks in southern Georgia who builds trailers down there, and there are dozens and dozens of manufacturers down there make a different product than some the manufacturers up around Northern Indiana.

I ordered a new RC Trailer, 7x12, wedge, with electric brakes, spare tire and rim, with 6 D rings and stabilizer bars for $3300.00 and picked my color. From what I learned in my research, many of these trailer companies don't last very long and then if you need warrantee service you are stuck. Go with a reputable dealer and brand name. From what I learned, some companies install studs 24 on center even though they advertise 16 inches. Stay away from them.

Best of luck and have fun. Researching t

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah - I was also looking at the Iron Horse trailers and then I came across "The Ultimate Trailer" http://the-ultimate-trailers.com/ They are air lowering and look like the cat's meow - although I know of absolutely no one that has ever had one! Really thinking about one or the other - the air lowering really is my choice right now b/c of the ease of loading and unloading. It'd be hell though if the pump ever gave out in the middle of nowhere!

Anyone have any experience with these trailers?

I tried to contact them a couple of years ago and had little luck. I did get a contact person this year but when I asked for buyers to contact 2 years ago I finally got 2 names after many weeks and neither that I called said they would buy it again. Very pricey!

I ordered a new RC Trailer, 7x12, wedge, with electric brakes, spare tire and rim, with 6 D rings and stabilizer bars for $3300.00 and picked my color. From what I learned in my research, many of these trailer companies don't last very long and then if you need warrantee service you are stuck. Go with a reputable dealer and brand name. From what I learned, some companies install studs 24 on center even though they advertise 16 inches. Stay away from them. ...

That sounds like a great deal, I have been looking to maybe downsize from my 8.5x28 V-Nose to a 12 or 14 footer, can you tell me the dealer you are using. I have looked at a couple of the RC Trailers and they seem to be well made, I also like the idea of a trailer made in Indiana.

Most of these trailers are good to haul in being single or tandem. But take a look underneath and you will notice semi bare wood (floor is usually 3/4" thick) and very light weight cross metal supports. Eventually the floor will sag with trike weight. I use a similar trailer but have learned to beef up floor (welding additional 2" angle iron at point of trike rear wheels etc. across trailer, along side of existing light weight metal beams) and then spray all underneath with either bed liner spray or flex seal. Trailer will last for years of wear and use.

I had this issue with my 16 foot trailer, after I bent the crossmember back in place I started putting a 2x10 in the floor for the rear wheels of the trike to sit on spanning the weight across two crossmembers.

I am on my 4th trailer for M/C's and have to suggest looking at the "LEGEND" all aluminum trailers. The model 714LRV is a low profile tandem axle that is absolutely beautiful and very well engineered. Perfect fit for the trike. Located wheel chock to have 330 lbs on tongue when loaded. They certainly have the finest quality and fit of the many trailers I researched. I made a XL spreadsheet of the several models that appealed to me and will be happy to share it if anyone is interested. Email canman945@gmail.com

Hey canman, I did shoot you an email requesting your trailer spreadsheet but never received it. I don't know if there was a cyber hiccup on my end or yours but I would still like to see it. Maybe you could attach it to a post. Thank you.

Hey KJB I just came across your comment regarding the spreadsheet for trailers.

Hey canman, I did shoot you an email requesting your trailer spreadsheet but never received it. I don't know if there was a cyber hiccup on my end or yours but I would still like to see it. Maybe you could attach it to a post. Thank you.

It's likely way too late to send it again but if you still need it please let me know. We are camping over Labor Day weekend so I am not sure if I can find it in the archives but I know it's on a memory stick.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lclay23
Back