Ever hear of a Vanderhall Venice?

Me either, until I stumbled upon this.

It is an interesting looking competitor to Polaris Slingshot, but with auto transmission.

Enjoy...

http://www.popularmechanics.com/cars/technology/g3160/vanderhall-venice-test-drive/

Pete,

Mom's of Manchester is having a Demo day for the Vanerhall on 2 June. I saw one at Mom's a month ago and sat in it. Getting in was fine, getting out was extremely difficult. After seeing it in person, I personally don't thing it's worth the high price tag. I have not driven one so can't say how it rides.

Getting in was fine, getting out was extremely difficult. After seeing it in person, I personally don't thing it's worth the high price tag. I have not driven one so can't say how it rides.

Well, The Venice is cheaper than a new HD Tri-Glide. And, the Speedster will being within $1500.00 of a new HD Freewheeler.... So, it is worth it to me (like is said earlier, I am just not a Slingshot fan). Its too bad HD can't market a reverse-trike like the Morgan; but, in a manual front-wheel drive configuration, it would probably sell pretty well here in the US. But, Harley has never been big on jumping in on anything and has always been slow to market on everything. And, given HDs latest strategy to send even more jobs overseas, I am of the belief that Harleys anymore are "Assembled" in the US, but not "Made" in the US - those days are gone. So, my loyalty to them is sort of wanning….. But, this is me and I am getting side-tracked.

Anyway, I once had a Beck, 550 Spyder kit car and I got in and out of it without trouble...never opening the doors. I am older, but I think I can manage to get in and out of the Vanderhall (VH) still.

I am still most in-thralled with the VH Speedster; costing 27K makes it very attractive; and actually, so does the single seat...for me anyway (I like it best when its just me, the vehicle, and the road...).

And for me, I think the think I most like about it is the stability of the front-wheel drive configuration - gone are my days of wanting to scorch the rear wheels (or wheel as in the case of the Morgan); and, I am sort of warming up to the automatic with the bump-shifter option (sometimes I really don't want to fiddle with the shifting anymore). A big bonus is actually the heater and heated seats - living in Ohio, that is VERY attractive as I usually like early-morning rides.

I can't wait to see more info release of the Speedster by VH; and, pictures of course.

Thanks,

Brummbar

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvester

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvester
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png