Exhaust soot

This morning it was take the granddaughter for a ride day.She's 5,so we just go around the neighborhood at a slow pace and listen to the radio.

As I was walking around the bike and getting her helmet on,I noticed that the left muffler was sootie and the right was brand new clean.

I placed my hands near them while running,both seemed to have the same pressure and heat.Anybody have any input/ideas why this is taking place.

Both cylinders are firing,or at least seem to be.

This morning it was take the granddaughter for a ride day.She's 5,so we just go around the neighborhood at a slow pace and listen to the radio.

As I was walking around the bike and getting her helmet on,I noticed that the left muffler was sootie and the right was brand new clean.

I placed my hands near them while running,both seemed to have the same pressure and heat.Anybody have any input/ideas why this is taking place.

Both cylinders are firing,or at least seem to be.

If there stock.. The left muffler is baffled much more than the right, To even out the exhaust pulses. So thats why it will have more soot showing.. My 11 did the same till i changed the pipes to true duels'.

Mine is just the opposite Right side sooty & Left clean. Will see if it evens out now without the kitty & a PV tune.

Back