Extended Service Plan

Sunman

900+ Posts
Gold Member
Reaction score
The factory warranty on my 2015 FLRT is going to be out in March. I am pretty sure I have seen some posts that talked about a dealership that discounted ESPs. I did a search and the only thing I saw is someone got a good price on an ESP from Jim at Kutter Harley Davidson. I goggled Kutter but it appears Kutter is now Boardtracker HD? Does anyone have a name and contact info for a good source for an ESP? I would rather stay with a plan from Harley instead of an aftermarket warranty company. The dealerships I have contacted so far around Houston want full price.

Thanks for your help,

Sunman

Don't quote me on this, but I think Jim is still at Boardtracker. I might be wrong (BTDT!)

Also, there was something a while back about HD cracking down on dealers selling HD extended warr. outside of their area. I think Boardtracker is now using a 3rd party, but it's supposed to be pretty good.

I don't have one, so can't give you first hand info...

I would like to know what others think about getting the extended warranty, I have about 10,000 miles on my 2015 Freewheeler. My original warranty is going to end in marh also. As a rule i don't by them. I am wondering if it is worth the money. I do all my own maintianence and so far i have had no problems with the trike. I am pretty sure i am going to keep it for a while.

extended warranty

I would like to know what others think about getting the extended warranty, I have about 10,000 miles on my 2015 Freewheeler. My original warranty is going to end in marh also. As a rule i don't by them. I am wondering if it is worth the money. I do all my own maintianence and so far i have had no problems with the trike. I am pretty sure i am going to keep it for a while.
I have a 2015 freewheeler with 25,000 some trouble free miles. the factory warranty expires in June. I am going to buy the extended warranty because I am keeping this bike and with the miles I have ridden so far I am sure it will be used within the next 5 years besides if I sell the bike and don't use the warranty I will get a prorated refund. With the heat these new bikes generate I cant see the motor lasting much more than 80,000 miles. So average even 12,000 miles a year times 7 years equals 84,000 miles I am sure it will pay for itself and I will still have a basically new bike if the motor needs replacing. I see you do your own matinence. BE SURE to keep all your bills, and document (sign your name ) in the owners manual matinence section

ESP and Extended Warranty are 2 different plans.
ESP is fluid changes, etc,
Ext. Warranty is for failures to get repaired or replaced.

OK. What I am looking for is an extended warranty. I have seen it called both on this forum. I want to extend the factory warranty for up to 5 additional years.

Thanks, Sunman

Do not know of any current discounts, unless a "deal" is negotiated during purchase of a new Harley
Might Google ext. warranty and see what you find

The card i got in the mail from Harley is for an extended service plan.It doesn't say anything about fluid changes, just repairs.

I just bought a 2017 freewheeler a month ago and I took a four-year extended ESP at time of purchase and it cost me $1500 here in Alberta Canada. That included the tire and wheel coverage and I can't say for anywhere else but this ESP is for parts replacement and failure. It also includes reimbursement for lodging and such if you break down on the road and a whole lot of other things well worth it in my opinion. Normally I don't buy extended service or warrantee on anything either but with the new M8 in its first year I figured it was a good choice.

Got a postcard for the ESP renewal 1/11/2020 . My time flys when your having fun !:scooter:

Back