Frankenstein Kit

Apr 10, 2015
Marion, Illinois
Has anybody here ridden one of these? If so, how do you feel it rides to other kits you have ridden? I know it's a straight axle but the shocks are still in the same place so I'm concerned they will not perform very well.

Has anybody here ridden one of these? If so, how do you feel it rides to other kits you have ridden? I know it's a straight axle but the shocks are still in the same place so I'm concerned they will not perform very well.

I have about 1000 miles on my recently added Frankenstein kit. I have never ridden any other kit for comparison but I would describe the ride similar to a sports car. It feels extremely solid and corners like it is on a rail. And like sports cars you will feel the bumps. Definitely not for everyone but I love the aggressive sporty feel of it. That being said I'm sure the ride can be softened up by adjusting the suspension and lowering the air pressure.

Ive got one, 99 e glide with the complete change over on the rear an done by Frankenstein, rides about like my homemade swingarm shock set up on my 69 shovel trike, would i like a softer ride, ??? hell yes, but it is what it is, independent ive never rode yet, but mystery called me and offered me a ride to see if i wanted to buy.

No air shocks on mine, manual, so pick Ur poison, they don't ride like a new car, and they dont ride like a buckboard, any of them, till sumpn better comes along, an indpt is jus that, and the price doubles up.

Owner of mystery trikes passed on to the great beyond about 6 or 8 mo ago if ya knew him. ;)

They don't compare

I have around 800 miles on mine, my buddy has a Tri-Glide and he like mine better. My Frankenstein is very light and rails around corners. I needed to keep the sporty look of my softail custom is why I went with Frankenstein kit.

I still waiting on my fenders from the body shop, but now not sure I'm going to put them on right away. The Frankenstein kit uses the shock that are on your bike now, I did need to let some air out of the tires from what Frankenstein had suggested. I'm running 20 lbs in rear tires and 30 in front.

My Trike is a pure joy to ride different than 2 wheels but just as much or more fun. trike111.JPG

Have both a Free Wheeler and 'Stein kit bike. Ride is about the same, although I feel like the 'Stein is somewhat smoother. When you're riding any trike, get ready for a rougher ride.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roadrunner1

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roadrunner1
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png