Freewheeler And Two Up Rideing

It's no problem,Bill. H-D makes mistakes,too.
66" would be one wiiide trike. :)

Your are sure right on this one Clint, I should have put 2&2 together on this one even before I actually measured my Trike. :laugh: 66" sure would be wiiide... & yes HD does make mistakes.

Take Care & Ride Safe, :)
Bill G

Comparing the tir glide and Freewheeler we need to take in consideration of the different yo weight while going into curves. The Freewheeler is lighter thus causing a somewhat stiffer ride but it helps in the curves with less body roll, leaning for the suspension. Stiffer suspension will give better handling thriugh the curves.
Some of the trike kits offer a heavy duty sway bar as a option. This helps with body roll in the curves. The tri glide has more weight higher up which does add to body roll.

I will be adding 14 inch shocks later on to add a inch clearance and more shock movement. Progressive is working on that.

I have read several post on forums where folks have suggested or said the Freewheeler is not good for two up riding. They have said it's only a sporty bar hopper. Ya one could say that in one respect and be rite in the fact it's sporty. The Trike is more than that and I would say those people are very mis-informed, not experienced or just repeating something they heard.

Well that would be like saying the Harley Road King would not be good for two up riding or any type of touring around two up. The Freewheeler is basically a sporty Road King Trike. With that said the Freewheeler is a very good two up rider and the wife finds it every bit as comfy as our Road King was riding two up.

So I call Bull when folks make the statement that the Freewheeler not a decent two up rider.

Also as more seat options become available for the Freewheeler two up riding will even improve for couples more.

Ride Safe, :)
Bill G

Agreed. We ride two up all the time with most miles in a day at 400 so far. No issues at all. We do have the backrest and sundowner seat which helps a bunch

J

Agreed. We ride two up all the time with most miles in a day at 400 so far. No issues at all. We do have the backrest and sundowner seat which helps a bunch

J

Agreed with all you said no issues at all. :) Backrest and Sundowner seat. ThumbUp We just got our new Sundowner seat, it was on back order for quite a while. The wife even thought the stock seat was ok for her. We do find the Sundowner seat is way better for both of us in comfort, it for sure adds to the quality of the longer rides.

Ride Safe, :)
Bill G

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2011Case

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2011Case
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png