Friend had a good deal

I'm curious as to what was its weight in stock configuration vs. it now? Definitely going to add a lot of convenience to your travels.ThumbUp

I guess the trailer as put together was like 90-100# (I could pick it up, awkward, but, doable) .... maybe 150-175# now ... I think the trike will do fine with it ... I can pick the tongue up with my pinkie ... One of the action packers will have a jack, set of bearings, and my tools. If I keep that towards the back ... tongue weight will never be an issue.

Diamond Plate ... maybe 40#

Cargo Carrier ... maybe 5#

Spare ... maybe 10#

Paint ... maybe 10# ... LOL

Been thinking about a RotopaX fuel cell mount under the rear for my 2 gallon RotoPaX .... get it out of the trunk. :D

Not sure how often I use this ... probably on longer than 3-4 day trips only. Like maybe Kerrville.

Finished ... sort of

So this morning was a new to me Bible Study/Breakfast. 6 am .... even though I am always up at 4 ... I'm not usually out and about until 7 ish. But is was good. And I rode the trike.

When I got home, I decided to mount the fender inserts. Still need to paint the screw heads, but they will keep rocks and water from getting to the action packers. I also need to get rid of the drill shavings.

2019-06-11 10.04.39.jpg

After this, I think all that is left is painting the tongue and sanding down a run on the spoiler and repainting that ... get it inspected, get plates and enjoy ... :D

All Done for now

Painted the tongue and sanded the run ... :D

2019-06-12 09.59.37.jpg

2019-06-12 09.59.46.jpg

That is the configuration I'll normally be running it ... :D

Probably put a bungey cord over the tops of each ... just to be sure.

+1 on a cover. Don’t know how you would keep a “soft” cover on without the wind molesting it running down the road...and a soft cover wouldn’t keep out those casual “look-see’s”. A lockable hard cover sounds prudent.

Or..

Maybe by now you are tired of messing with it and could put it on the market..pay for a couple of motel bills on your trips. :)

Maybe by now you are tired of messing with it and could put it on the market..pay for a couple of motel bills on your trips. :)

Me thinks you maybe are confused as to what will be on the trailer .... this will be a cargo trailer ... I'll be using it to be able to carry clothes, fuel tank, doggie supplies, CPAP, a lawn chair, etc ... Alan does not sleep on the ground anymore ... so if I sell it ... sure ... could spend more nights ion a hotel, but couldn't get all my stuff there ... :Shrug:

The action packers are locked, and locked to the trailer. They are also very dry inside.

According to my insurance agent, in writing, "A good faith attempt to secure items is all that is required to ensure coverage". So, I really don't care if prying eyes see the packers ... LOL ... if someone wants my bloomers ... they can have them ... my stuff is just that ... stuff ... and all insured ... :D

Thought you were going to trailer FBG behind the truck until you get to the destination - having a comfy travel time then unload and put Harley on the backseat for an area tour...?

Thought you were going to trailer FBG behind the truck until you get to the destination - having a comfy travel time then unload and put Harley on the backseat for an area tour...?

That still might be the plan ... but ... if I take the trike, I need to bring lots of clothes ... electrics, gloves, rain gear, plus cooler clothing for when I get out of the mountains.

I would love to live in an area where I could ride for days and not see big changes in weather. Unfortunately, that ain't where I live.

My recent trip to Mesquite is a great example, I left home it was 46*, when I got to Mesquite, it was 96*. In the mountains of Utah it dropped to 42* and an hour later it was 75*. So, even on a three day trip to say, Denver or Durango requires all that gear be with me. If it's overnight, I need the CPAP.

On my trip to Mesquite, there wasn't an inch of extra room in the trike, and that includes the tour pak.. Do I bring too much stuff ... probably, but, I like to be comfortable, and I enjoy riding rather than trailering ... and, I can bring my own bedding and stay in a KOA cabin or some such thing to save a few dollars.

That's the plan for the little trailer.

A bungey cord over the top of each would definitely be a good idea. These small trailers can get a little "bouncy" on less than smooth roads.

I'm looking into getting two of these ... 48" x 15" x 15" ... they only weigh like 24# .. just trying to order two keyed alike ... :D

Trunk .jpg

I may take off the car carrier and put one on each side. Or maybe just one ... but I like symmetry ... LOL ...

Cargo Net

I was a tad worried that maybe, even with the bungie cords, I might loose one or more of the action packers on a big bump. Not a biggie, could use more bungies, a ratcheting strap or a cargo net. Opted for the cargo net. More versatile and will hold anything choose to put on the trailer.

Spent a little more than I wanted ($25), but, this one is heavy duty, has some kewl hooks, the gaps in the net are 2" (most are 4"), and is reported to be made in the USA. All good reasons to pay a little more.

The hooks have little holes you can put a finger in and pull them to hook to something. Guess this is to minimize the chance of pinching your fingers ... probably won't help me ... I usually have to pinch the finger at least once before I learn to keep it out of the way ... :AGGHH:

Here's a pic of the net in it's convenient carry pouch .. sorry ... couldn't resist.

Cargo Net.jpg

The little trailer is in the shed and I didn't feel the need to test the net on it. I will when I pull it out on the 5th for the State Patrol inspection.

You gonna have all that stuff loaded on it when you get it inspected?

I believe I would have it empty of any cargo or nets.... wouldn't want to complicate the inspection.

After all, the inspection is ONLY for the trailer - wouldn't want them to get side-tracked...

You gonna have all that stuff loaded on it when you get it inspected?

I believe I would have it empty of any cargo or nets.... wouldn't want to complicate the inspection.

After all, the inspection is ONLY for the trailer - wouldn't want them to get side-tracked...

Nope ... not even gonna have the car carrier on it .. just the diamond plate.

So, in getting my head wrapped around the inspection, I decided to take the diamond plate off for the inspection. That will allow me to just get what came in the kit and the one mod to move the license plate inspected.

That got done yesterday ... of course ... that meant I wanted to paint the frame all black (I had just done the parts that showed) ... so finished that off.

A friend of mine who works in a trailer shop, took the picks I took of the bearings on the trailer and found me a kit of inner, outer bearings and a seal.

2019-07-01 10.02.40.jpg

2019-07-02 07.47.34.jpg

One of the action packers that I will bring on trips (maybe Texas, but, maybe not), has a small scissor jack, and the torgue wrench to torques wheels. My tool bag will also be in that one with anything else I might feel like putting in it ... LOL ... the bearing kit will be in there too. Now is this a repair I probably won't do myself along the side of the road, but, if I have the bearings, any garage will be able to do it.

Now for some fun stuff ... mom came home from her hair dresser ... perm or some such and as she was leaving, she sent me a pic of her hair dresser's new puppy ... this little girl is so cute, but, you always want to call her ... him. She looks just like Hooch of Turner and Hooch fame. She's a mastiff and will be a BIG GIRL. Mom's hair dresser has a male that looks just like her ... her plan is to breed them ... hmmmmm .... wonder if there is a new friend for Harley in my future ... LOL ... if a Mastiff was in the rear seat, I'm guessing no one would mess with the Fat Bottom Girl.

here she is:

2019-06-30 18.55.32.jpg

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvester

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvester
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png