Fuel Reserves For The Ryker Rally

My fuel bottle holders came in a couple of weeks ago and I mounted them underneath the luggage rack for those long distance trips, as a just in case. If I ever run out of fuel or find myself short, these should get me another 20 miles or so. I think I've said this once before, but I'm sure this is the last accessory that I'll need to add.

My fuel bottle holders came in a couple of weeks ago and I mounted them underneath the luggage rack for those long distance trips, as a just in case. If I ever run out of fuel or find myself short, these should get me another 20 miles or so. I think I've said this once before, but I'm sure this is the last accessory that I'll need to add.

Probably never need them, But Forewarned is Forearmed..I always carried a fuel bottle on my Sportster....Never had to use it..But it was a good feeling to know its there if needed..:clapping:..

Probably never need them, But Forewarned is Forearmed..I always carried a fuel bottle on my Sportster....Never had to use it..But it was a good feeling to know its there if needed..:clapping:..

Just to add’ When you carry extra gas you can then use the full potential of the stock tank 👌

Yeah I've never had to use the fuel bottles on a previous bike either. But the fuel gauge on the Rykers are very inaccurate, even the miles to empty gauge is inaccurate, and the fuel mileage isnt all that great at about 30 mpg. To determine how much I have left in the tank before needing fill up, I have to use one of the trip indicators to determine how many miles I've gone since last fill up. Even Can Am admits its a faulty design, irregular fuel tank shape and float issue in the TST pictured below. Even though it has this flaw, I still enjoy the heck out of this machine.

Last accessory LOL, I've said that before. I'm a new Ryker owner and have the same concerns about range. Some of our highways out west can go a long distance between towns and some of them don't have gas stations. Years ago on our Suzuki LC1500 with 4 gallon tank and 160 mile range my wife and I barely made it from Ely, Nv to Reno with the limited stops on US Hwy 50. My question is, would somehow fitting a 1 gallon rotax or similar make more sense than a couple liters? I put a Shad bag on my Ryker, and am fitting a Shad top box on it but I'm not sure how much luggage space I want to give up in the chance I need fuel.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvester

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvester
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png