Gas Mileage Drop After Stage One Upgrade:

I have 2102 TG. Ness AC, Fullsac Xpipe, 254E cams and V&H twin ovals and the TTS tuner.

My average mileage is 37 up to 39 just riding around with a group. Most I've gotten was over 40.

Hwy at 80 MPH or above I get 27 with a head wind of about 20 MPH. Did that last weekend.

Ya know Wiz, just to tell the difference in wind resistance & weight in relation to MPG, I have a nephew that rides a 2011 Limited w/130 engine w/254E cams. He is getting a regular 50mpg on the road. He usually runs 75-85 MPH. But I think he is still running the 32 tooth drive.

On our Trikes the faster we go the bigger parachute we become.

He just got it back out of the shop. Had a broken rear piston. It started blowing oil out the air cleaner, & had a slight rattle in the engine. It seemed to run ok.

The break finally ended up going into the ring lands when the oil started blowing.

V&H power duals, Rush Big Louie slip on's, V&H fuel Pak, Big sucker air, two people not light people, and average 32-36 mpg. Before stage one, I was at 33 mpg, but was still breaking in only had 1,000 miles.
I always use Ethanol Free fuel premium, and fuel will make the difference. I have seen as low as 29, but that was some bad fuel for HD motor, even smelled like it had race fuel mix. Next tank I was back up to 30's.

Just wondering if everyone else is experiencing the same drop in MPG I am getting on my 13 Tri-Glide after the stage one upgrade that included VH power duals, WH trike slip-on's, air cleaner, & SE super tuner. As I have complained about before, no one in the Houston area to dyno the bike, so all adjustments were done by the mechanic using a generic map for the 103 and his experience. I am now averaging between 26 to 29 MPG which is a substantial drop from what I was getting prior to the upgrade.

I was getting 33-34 miles per gallon in about 1000 miles. I did stage one, Vansen Hines power tools and twins/oval slipons and se air flow. 3000 miles, I am getting 34 to 35 miles per gallon.

I was getting 33-34 miles per gallon in about 1000 miles. I did stage one, Vansen Hines power tools and twins/oval slipons and se air flow. 3000 miles, I am getting 34 to 35 miles per gallon.

What did you tune it with? or did the dealer just download the Stage 1 flash from HD?

Actually...... it's not supposed to be that way at all. It's the tune that is causing your poor mileage. Sounds like someone slammed a library calibration into your ECM and patted you on the back when they took your cash.

A decent tune will not always add fuel. A proper tune adjusts the air fuel. Again, it doesn't always add. The majority actually remove Volumetric Efficiency %'s not increase them. When you reduce your VE's to match the bike you remove fuel to have a more efficient burn.

To the OP.

You have the SEPro tuner. You don't need a Dyno. The SE software is free now so you can tune the trike yourself. In doing so you will set the sensor tables to match your motor and you will enjoy two things... more power and better fuel economy. It's well known that I don't appreciate the SEPro but it will tune your bike better than what you have now. Become a street tuner warrior and tune it yourself.

That's the way it really is.... ThumbUp

Amen Wiz! Since you tuned my 110 with TTS, I picked up 2 to3 MPG with 30% more power. Now getting around 39MPG riding two up and 37MPG pulling a trailer on a 110 engine.

Fantastic!

Just finished the first tank with the newest upgrades. Stage 1 AN Air Cleaner & Freedom Performance True Duals with Racing Mufflers. TTS Master Tune Down Load. Gas mileage is 38 MPG two up mixed highway, back roads and mountains around Virgina City NV. :wave4:Seriously a TTS tune of a stage 1 should be getting 35-40 MPG especially with a couple VE Runs

PS pulls a nice wheelie........with the new 480 spring & Stage 1

Just wondering if everyone else is experiencing the same drop in MPG I am getting on my 13 Tri-Glide after the stage one upgrade that included VH power duals, WH trike slip-on's, air cleaner, & SE super tuner. As I have complained about before, no one in the Houston area to dyno the bike, so all adjustments were done by the mechanic using a generic map for the 103 and his experience. I am now averaging between 26 to 29 MPG which is a substantial drop from what I was getting prior to the upgrade.

Just did about the same with V&H Double Slash,V&H Power Duals,V&H VO2 Breather and did SE Super with Dyno. No read on gas yet but HP 86 and T 104 on the dyno print. 2012 Triglide. Numbers almost to good to be true but sounds good and runs much stronger! The dyno was about 2 hr driving.
Let you know after 1st tank used.

On my 11 T/G;
Stage one, Rush true duels [cat out] Stock mufflers with the left one drilled out 35/36 mpg's
.But I didn't like the sound so took the stock mufflers off and added Rush slip-on's with the 1.75 baffles. With that' the mpg's dropped off with a loss of bottom end power, And a lot of noise.....
I was about to go back to the stock muffles, Then I tried DK's Thunder Torque inserts [258w]
Love the sound now and got back the bottom end ++ and also mpg's went up to 38/40...

2009 and 2011 Tri-Glides, both with dealer done Stage 1 upgrades done at delivery. No tuner, just factory download. Both trikes getting consistently 33 to 36mph. Wife gets better mileage, but she is 100# lighter and rides a bit more sensible than I do. 40,000 miles and 20,000 miles on the trikes.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvester

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvester
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png