Generation 6 GoldWing

GoldWingrGreg

JustWings.com
May 12, 2016
Zephyrhills, FL, USA
This time of year, daily, I always check the link below hoping to see credible, new information on a 6th generation GoldWing. Until I see it there, everything else is rumor, or BS someone else is posting for their own personal motives, or agenda. The same has been true for the last couple of year. Please Honda ... this year, please, please give us a new one !!!

http://powersports.honda.com/street/touring.aspx

At least I thought they would put the Automatic DCT tranny or a version thereof in a Wing. For years there have been rumors of, and folks have been asking for, an automatic transmission in the Gold Wing. As it is proven and is in the NX4, CTX700DCT and others, it seems they shouldn't have much trouble beefing up DCT for the 'Wing.

I signed up for the email from Honda and if and when a new Goldwing becomes reality it will be breaking news in the in-box of my email. I read that nonsense by R---y over at another forum and then picked up by others and brought to other forums. In order to be a good liar you must have a good memory and the numbers and story was always changing.

Its wait and see, I feel if Honda is going to intro a new Wing, what better place then Wing Ding 39 in Texas; Yamaha used Americade to intro their new bike.

I don't think Honda has ever even announced a new GoldWing at a GoldWing event. To my knowledge, GoldWings are always shown for the first time at their yearly dealer conference. I wonder what city it's in this year ???

Over at the Goldwing forum I moderate one of the Admins works for a Honda dealer in Canada and possibly he'll let the members know of something, when he finds out, I'll have info to share.

I read that nonsense by R---y over at another forum and then picked up by others and brought to other forums.

Shortly after Rocky had posted it, that write up you are referring too showed up as a promotion to Cruisman's forum on my FB page . For it to get to my personal page meant Cruiseman paid Facebook to promote the non-sense. Possibly an example of personal motives or agenda. It makes me wonder if the 2 of them collaborated ??? It sounded like Cruisman was pretty happy will all the forum traffic it attracted.

Very good possibility. I asked Budoka who is the admin at the goldwing forum I am a moderator on and he thought it was a bit odd for people off the streets who own Goldwings to be invited to a private viewing and he's a manager at a Canadian Honda dealer. I was going to ask why you weren't invited by Honda if it were true? Weren't they both Buddy/buddy over at 1800? Takes nerve to pay to advertise on your Facebook page and promote their forum.

My guess is they fabricated the story. If anyone were to get info on a new Wing it would be district managers.

This time of year, daily, I always check the link below hoping to see credible, new information on a 6th generation GoldWing. Until I see it there, everything else is rumor, or BS someone else is posting for their own personal motives, or agenda. The same has been true for the last couple of year. Please Honda ... this year, please, please give us a new one !!!

http://powersports.honda.com/street/touring.aspx

Sheesh! They're still showing the ST1300 which was last produced in 2012. Wonder how many are left in the warehouse? My '07 is worth very little since Honda quit producing them.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stockville69

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stockville69
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png