GL1500 Custom Home Build Trike - Pics

Got the body work done & it's all waxed ready to make new mold on the rear section. The front fender mold is already sitting on it.
Working on the trunk lid now.

Boy, I am stoked!!!!!!!!!!!!!:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:
The body popping party was GREAT.
Came out slick as butter with no body damage to the master.
Pictures show the molds outside after they were washed to get get the release off.

Front fender mold was reused from the 1st body mold I made.
The white marks are clay I using before molding to smooth out a few spots.
Rushed due to dead line.

New mold of the top fenders & tail light housings,

Rear fender lower half,

The master plug body,

Finished adding mat to the trunk lid mold & will pop it out this afternoon.

Next will be cleaning, wet sanding, compound wax then paste wax the new molds.

I hope this post has help a few Gold Winger's to get a little better understanding of building a "Master" plug & laying it up for a mold.

And the mold for the trunk lid.

The master plug body,

Good God Skip, You have more energy than I had in my 20's. You are a truly remarkable man. If you would concentrate these builds to a CD and make them available at an affordable charge, I'm sure they would help with some of your build costs. I would buy one.

My trike is at the point now where I will soon be mounting the body. That stage has never been covered and is, I'm sure different with each application and I have that covered. As soon as the weather gets better I'll have Suzie running the roads naked for test rides.

Thank you for your service, Thank you for sharing your builds. I hope to see you again.

Phil

Nice project with the 1500. Im going to try to make a tadpole out of my 1800.I have a voyager on it now . ive made one from an old 78 i had butthe 1800 will have to be a bolt
on because of the alum frame. i think i have it prety well figured out im narrowing an old vw bug fron axle

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Draven0914
Back