Going Wireless ..

I'm just Old School CB guy. All my riding buddy's have a CB. The little 3ft cable from the Helmet to the plug on the tank is no big deal. It clips to your shirt and doesn't move around. The Mike can be moved anywhere you want, and the ear speakers are inside the helmet and you don't feel them at all. But, Hey , whatever you want will work ...

IMG_1095.JPG

I've played around with bluetooth a bit, although not this particular set but here is some of my observations.

-if you are a bit deaf, like I am, it is critical to get the speakers to fit "tight" to your ears with out "rubbing on them. I had an old sponge rubber mouse pad I didn't use (laptop is now track pad thingie), I cut out cardboard templates that fit the area of the ear holes, then cut layers of the mouse pad to match those templates and glued them together to get the right thickness to position the speaker close to the ear. This greatly improved the volume I could hear. I was still kind of sketchy at highway speed on hearing audio books.

-Being a tad frugal, I too wanted to use the headset with a variety of helmets. I found with my brand, you could purchase helmet mounting kits that allowed the speakers, mic, and "dock" to stay with the helmets. So basically, the part you charge, moves helmet to helmet. The "docks" were like $50 a piece or so ... way cheaper that buying a whole new headset.

-Lastly ... in my case, I found the trade off of low volume for no cord to be troublesome. I ended up giving my headset away to a "good cause". This is just my humble opinion (not the good cause ... the trade off).

I had the CB installed when I purchased the trike and had no problems, although I got tired of my wife's wired headset coming off the helmet and dealing with the wires. I finally purchased the WHIM and HD headsets. I also purchased the half helmet headset. My only real problem is her hearing me when I'm on the Half headset. The mike doesn't come around to the mouth area, it sits on the cheek area. I thought it would be more sensitive but no luck there. Music comes in great, I downloaded o ton of cds on a thumb drive and use it for most of our riding. Occasionally, I'll stream the Sirius XM from my phone. Good luck

I know some folks use the wireless BT headsets and like them but I've read about so many problems that I personally wouldn't go that way. I just don't think the technology is fully capable.

I bought a set of SENAs for my wife and I awhile back and hated them. The range between the two bikes was way too short and we kept losing contact.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tw0fast4u

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tw0fast4u
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png