Goldwing trike vs harley triglide

When I started looking for a trike, I knew I didn't want a Harley. I do like the look of the Harley. Still looks like a motorcycle. But it is air cooled, not for me. I knew I didn't like the look of a wing. Too much Tupperware. Not into Star Wars. I found out both were too expensive for me. Almost bought a Wing until I sat on it. Couldn't get away from that fast enough.

I started looking at the alternatives. I settled on a Honda 1300 VTX R Champion. No reverse. No problem it is light weight. I live in Florida. Flat. Don't need reverse. It still looks like a motorcycle. Drives and feels like a motorcycle. Feet out in front just like my cruiser.

I can put my feet in three different places. If I wanted it to feel like a car I would have bought a car. I like to push/pull fell of the steering. I do like the quiet of the Wing but my VTX has a nice muffler on it and has a good sound to it. I have vista cruise, Stereo, floor boards, heal toe, highway bars, chaps, windshield, lowers. Mustang seats, adjustable backrest driver AND passenger. I can add lots of other goodies. Believe it or not, there are other trikes out there besides Wings and Harley's. I'll bet the Valkyrie make a killer trike.

"I'll bet the Valkyrie make a killer trike."

I bet your right Cavie but I just cant get past the ugly long enough to consider it?

I know they run like a striped ass ape and all that but I would have to cover up that mill.:AGGHH:

(go ahead and chastise me now but it just wont make much difference to my tastes?)

BMW makes a better looking engine.

Sooner have a wing or something like your ride?

We have a Honda vtx custom, 2 wheels, a goldwing with roadsmith kit, freewheeler, super glide HD, 2 wheels, wide glide, 2 wheels.
Local we love the 2 wheels or the free but for trips it will be the Goldwing Roadsmith every time.
I will always have at least one Harley, I was mostly raised on em, in the blood you might say.
For pure power it's my one of the 2 wheel Harley's.
The free is okay power wise but not as strong as the GW

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HomeFree
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png