GoPro

Any samples of video shot from these locations?

Dennis

Not yet. Have shot some test footage that I need to edit down so I can post it. BUT you have to remember I live in the Texas Panhandle where it so flat on a clear day you can see the back of your head. Very boring 'til you get 100 miles out of town. Am headed to Eureka Springs in two weeks for the Trike Fest where the riding is great. Should have a bunch after that.

Going to try some time lapse stuff there. That method looks very interesting especially on rides.

o~\o

Not yet. Have shot some test footage that I need to edit down so I can post it. BUT you have to remember I live in the Texas Panhandle where it so flat on a clear day you can see the back of your head. Very boring 'til you get 100 miles out of town. Am headed to Eureka Springs in two weeks for the Trike Fest where the riding is great. Should have a bunch after that.

Going to try some time lapse stuff there. That method looks very interesting especially on rides.

o~\o

Was just interested in how your videos looked with your mounts so I could compare to my results.

Dennis

Okay, just went out and shot this with the fender mount. Had to wait 'til it stopped raining. This a local hang that is dead due to storms. Ohhhh, this is Route 66.

Hummmmmmm somebody educate me. Trying to upload video and keeps failing. I edited with iMovie and am trying to do this on an iPad.

o~\o

Thanks Dennis....now lets see if this works.

The chatter you hear every now and then is the camera case vibrating against the headlight ring. Didn't realize I had it that close. Like I said in my previous post went out and shot this with the fender mount. Had to wait 'til it stopped raining. This a local hang that is dead due to storms. Ohhhh, this is old Route 66.

I'll try and shoot the same sequence with the clutch side lower mount today or tomorrow.

o~\o

Interesting Thread because a Go-Pro is in my future at some point.....enjoying the Videos also.....may make it easier for me to know my mounting location before I purchase one.....Thanks.....;)ThumbUp

I've been researching a Mobius camera (available with waterproof case) which has similar specs as the GoPro but at about 1/2 the cost. Anyone have any direct experience with the Mobius?

Thought I'd go ahead and post a portion of my ride home. Stayed there about 20 minutes and it started to rain again. Nope, rain gear was toasty and dry back at the ranch.. Anyway the chatter you were hearing is gone, tilted the camera away from the headlight as you can now see more of the fender maker light. The noise it's now picking up is rain and pea sized hail. To say I got a little wet is an understatement....

But ya know, you going to ride, you're going to get were !!!

o~\o

Remounted with a better mount to engine guard. I am going to go with this for a while. Seems not to shake as much.

004.jpg007.jpg

008.jpg010.jpg

[video]https://player.vimeo.com/video/96866835[/video]

When I get time I will drill case and get external mic.

Dennis

Interesting mount. Don't think I've seen anything like that. Is that a Tri-pod head, kinda like a King head ?? What's the piece that goes around the engine guard ???

o~\o

Interesting mount. Don't think I've seen anything like that. Is that a Tri-pod head, kinda like a King head ?? What's the piece that goes around the engine guard ???

o~\o

This is made just for the go pro. All of it is aluminum, nothing plastic till the case, very solid. You can buy all different diameters up to two inches.

Not cheap but I am spending it before the boys get it.

I got it because if I made one it would be like this. Figure case would break before mount. (and it works!)

http://www.kwmachineworks.com/GoPro_Camera_Mounts.html

Dennis

Dennis, thanks for the link. You were right their stuff is a little spendy but looks quality. Have booked for future reference.

Was as going to get some footage with the lower engine guard yesterday but have developed age related macular degeneration and got 3 injections in my right eye. Didn't feel like do'n crap. Maybe this weekend.

o~\o

I still do not like that side of the bike.
I have a Cobra action cam that I bought on EBay
$79.00 camped with 3 mounts and a waterproof case. Can go under water to 10'

Back