GWRRA - restructuring

Just got notice of membership dues for next year..........$5.00 increase for 2018....I won't join again because I mostly ride alone so benefits are not big a deal for me anyway..Virg49

I think you can slip in and renew your membership before the increase at your old rate. This would give you another year to access the restructuring and decided if it's more to your liking. Just a thought!

GWRRA

Read that renew thing by Aug 1... but like I said I don't group ride anymore so I don't think I'll renew. I rode with a group a few years ago and it just wasn't my thing. Conflicts of where to ride where to stop.I like to ride alone or maybe another couple so I can stop when and where. I like just to enjoy a days ride and a trip once in awhile. Not a follow the leader rider......Virg49

Just got notice of membership dues for next year..........$5.00 increase for 2018....I won't join again because I mostly ride alone so benefits are not big a deal for me anyway..Virg49

I've been a member since 2004 and think I will drop out too. I've not read Wing World in probably 2 years, and rarely ride with them, and if I want someone to ride with, social media works fine.

I wonder how many of you are AMA members, and for how many years.

I was a member for maybe 20 years...:Shrug: I didn't renew this year, I didn't care for their new format..[Magazine] Its Way too heavy on dirt bikes...Very little on street bikes , And nothing on Trikes..Actually i let all my Bike magazine subscriptions lapse,[3others] The only one i kept is MCN Motorcycle Consumer News......

I will be a 24 year AMA member in September. The next year I will become a Life Member - earned by membership, not purchased. I enjoy the magazine and have used the discounts, but I remain a member to support the fight to protect our right to ride. Check out my sig below.

Been a 42 yr member of the AMA,seen a lot of changes. Some good ,some not so good. Met a lot of great people who still remain friends. But I think right now , with the current leadership, they have changed they're focus more towards governmental lobbying for federal & state rights.

The one positive thing they still maintain is the motorcycle hall of fame, Also they might want to enlarge the print in the monthly magazine !

:(

GWRRA

The wife and I are Life Members ( not available now ). We basically enjoy the magazine as a good source for info on the Gold Wing models. We were once involved with GWRRA and made it all the way to assistant District Directors for NY. Just like every organization we eventually got burned out. We would just rather ride with our friends or just us on our 2012 Gold Wing Trike. We do belong to a small club that ride all brands and we enjoy them but only ride on specific rides that appeal to us. As 60 plus year old “senior citizens “ we just enjoy getting out there !

Good comment, I need to join up again to get the 'rescue plus', the magazine is not bad, I think it's a bit expensive for the content, but it's on nice shiny paper, so there ya go. Wife and I took a year off from GWRRA and tried AAA, for us, that was worthless. As you said, good GW info the mag. After all, just because you are a member of GWRRA, you're not obligated to participate in all the foo foo.

Been a 42 yr member of the AMA,seen a lot of changes. Some good ,some not so good. Met a lot of great people who still remain friends. But I think right now , with the current leadership, they have changed they're focus more towards governmental lobbying for federal & state rights.

The one positive thing they still maintain is the motorcycle hall of fame, Also they might want to enlarge the print in the monthly magazine !

:(

When was the last time you read or seen any mention of Trikes in their magazine, They seem to be into off road bikes mostly..... After 20+ years i gave them up.. Same -Same with Hog magazine....You won't even see an Add for a Trike in Hog...

My 2 Cent

I have been riding for 53 years because it is in my blood and spirit. I ride lone, with others, group charity rides etc… and enjoy it all. I too am a GWRRA member of 10 years and have experienced many of the same issues mentioned. Only time will tell its tale…..

Since finding Trike Talk I found a group of open acceptance and common Love from Motorcycling. I have not seen any issues regarding bike branding. A welcome how can be of help and sharing of the love of the LIFE!

Ride on Sisters and Brothers Ride on…….

Randy is to complimented highly on this forum web site, very little interference from him and the mods and it runs smoothly. He keeps it simple. A far better option than the other forum I can think of.

Randy is to complimented highly on this forum web site, very little interference from him and the mods and it runs smoothly. He keeps it simple. A far better option than the other forum I can think of.

Bill, check out ; To those of you who love this forum , post #9

After posting what I did on July, 2017, and decided to give them another try. I joined, again, last November. Our chapter usually has about 40-50 at meetings and I've noticed that the group as a whole is aging, for sure. Rides are limited to one a week and sometimes less, but nothing during the week. Haven't been able to attend any of the rides so far due to my own schedule, but enjoy seeing some of the folks at the meetings. Complaints from members usually revolve around meetings going too long. I don't feel excluded, but not overly welcomed either. I'll probably renew in November and see if I can participate more next year. We'll see.

We aren't members now but have been in the past. We neither one enjoyed the meetings much as the meetings went on and on and on. Awards were given for anything and everything even getting awards for ice cream at Dairy Queen. In all fairness to the group we're both retired from government and meetings consumed a large part of our work time and life. We're going to give it another try to see if the re-organization has helped anything. At 69 I just want to ride and don't need meetings, drama or trauma!

Bill

Ive been an AMA member for about 10 years.

The main complaint and is a complaint is this. They dont really cater to any one group of riders.

I see almost no articles about senior riders of cruisers.

Or trikes which are obviously my main intrests. I keep up my membership for their terrific breakdown coverage. They put Tripple A to shame.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roadrunner1

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roadrunner1
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png