Handlebar risers?

On my 2009 DFT trike I had MBL. Up and back for a more relaxed ride. On my 2017 Motortrike I have Kuryakyn up an back. Same benefit.

Main con is routing the hoses and cables to the handlebars. The risers make them a little harder to reach around.

On my 2008 I had the Kuryakyn 2" risers.

Otherwise I was leaning forward on my wrists and not using my backrest.

The risers fixed all that.

I too have the MBL 1803W risers on mine. I had the Kuryakyn risers on first but switched to MBL and honestly can't remember why. I like that the handlebars are positioned slightly back and makes the riding position more comfortable. I have noticed no negatives using them along with a rake kit, only more comfort. They also have an 1803S which not only brings the handlebars back but also closer together. This is supposed to be for shorter (5'10" and shorter riders). My only concern with that is that in stock position, the wrists are already slightly bent out and by bringing handlebars closer together, the bend is going to increase. I haven't tried the "S" once so I can't confirm, just my observation.

FYI; I'm on my third set of risers. The OEM Honda handlebar position had my wrists cocked inwards which was not comfortable for me. I tried 2 different brands before finding a set of risers that works for me. These risers have been on my last 2 Goldwings for over the last 10+ years. My handlebars are now slightly wider, a bit higher, and not canted inward like the originals. Can't remember the names of all the risers. Once the plastic trim located above the top of the forks has been trimmed, changing risers is a piece of cake. I did not have to deal with any cable or hose fitment problems with any of the risers I tried. Good luck..... Jim

FYI; I'm on my third set of risers. The OEM Honda handlebar position had my wrists cocked inwards which was not comfortable for me. I tried 2 different brands before finding a set of risers that works for me. These risers have been on my last 2 Goldwings for over the last 10+ years. My handlebars are now slightly wider, a bit higher, and not canted inward like the originals. Can't remember the names of all the risers. Once the plastic trim located above the top of the forks has been trimmed, changing risers is a piece of cake. I did not have to deal with any cable or hose fitment problems with any of the risers I tried. Good luck..... Jim

Mind if I ask what brand you have? You message me if you want.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stockville69

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stockville69
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png