Hannigan Tire Wear

Feb 25, 2014
Meridian, Id, USA
Today I got the 4th set of new rear tires on my Hannigan FLH trike since I got it triked in 2014. Maybe it is due to the 120SE engine I have but that seems like a lot of wear from tires that are supposed to get 65,000 miles per set. I have put 35,000+ miles on it since new; with 3 sets of high quality tires including Michelin and Toyo most recently.

Today the tire guy pointed out to me that the inside tread closest to the body had more tread left than the outside; he said a "toe in" condition maybe? Overall there was no cupping or bald spots or anything, and worn evenly except for the inside.

Is there an adjustment to remedy that? I did call Hannigan and have not yet received a call back. I also have the body off so I can have it repainted after my ceiling garage storage collapsed on the fender and caused some damage.

Thanks, Keith

From the info you give, your "tire guy" is correct! YOU ARE RIDING ON THE OUTSIDE EDGES OF THE TIRES!!!!!

Whom ever did the install needs to correct this for you! IMHO, at no cost to you.

I would have been in contact when the first set of tires showed that kind of wear!!!!

The installer is no longer in business and no other Hannigan dealers are close to where I live.

It must be a pretty easy thing to do. I’ll wait for a Hannigan callback.

Hannigan did call back and sent me useful information how to measure and adjust if needed.

It should be easy to do with the body off.

I can’t wait to get it all back together with a new paint job and new tires, and of course riding in warmer weather!

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvester

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvester
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png