Harley Davidson faces Class Action Lawsuit

American Honda is making most of their cars for the USA market in the USA

I'll bet you're right Cap. They're assembled here, then the profits go right back to Japan.

PC

Phu Cat, Please do your homework. Camaro's, Cadillac's and Ford's have less USA/Canada sourced parts (65%) than Toyota and Honda which are between 70-75% USA/Canadian sourced. Where in the heck do you think your good old made in Detroit Chrysler profits are going. Downtown Detroit? Don't think so as I eat a bowl of linguini and sing my Italian songs to Fiat. Most of the highest USA/Canada content sourced cars in the top 20 are from Japanese automakers so those profits are going to local companies. If you own any mutual funds, you likely own some of those Japanese manufacturers.

I am so tired of the xenophobic BS that is being bandied around all the time. America is still the most technologically innovative country on the planet but our work force is becoming poorly educated, undertrained, bloated and uncompetitive with other parts of the world. That's not the fault of workforces in other countries that would like to share in the dream.

BTW, this Bud's for you. Just don't count on that great All American brew's profits staying in the USA because it is owned by a Belgian-Brazilian company. Budlight rant over:D

Last edited:
Mike, We can't throw too many stones at our GW owner. I am sure the percentage of off-shore parts on our new Harleys would make us puke:p Sadly, the days of all-American products continues to shrink in this world economy and all of us that go to Walmart are hastening our own manufacturing demise for the love of cheap goods.

At least American Honda is making most of their cars for the USA market in the USA with American workersThumbUp
Was not my point. It was his glee over the mother ship being litigated against. Had it been his beloved HMC Goldwing, I would wager he'd be lambasting the litigants on the Goldwing forums

Was not my point. It was his glee over the mother ship being litigated against. Had it been his beloved HMC Goldwing, I would wager he'd be lambasting the litigants on the Goldwing forums

What's that joke about 750 lawyers at the bottom of an ocean being a good start? I have a lot of acquaintances who are lawyers but I don't call them my friends. OTOH, if it weren't for a bunch of RUBS that play lawyer in the daytime and outlaw on the weekends, Harley stock would likely be in the tank. Unfortunately, anybody can sue anybody for any reason even if it is frivolous. I get your point and don't find any joy over Harley being sued for what appear to be frivolous grounds.

I would have sure like to see the EPA as part of the law suit though. They are ruining these bikes. I guess we can't sue the government though.:Shrug:

My 1200 cc Harley conversion trike runs very hot. I knew that when I bought it. So I ride my small two wheeler liquid cooled Kawa Vulcan 5-- around town...On the highway in the country the Harley trike stays less hot than around town in stop and go traffic.

I note Harley is putting liquid cooling onto some of their high priced models..I have a hunch they will make most of their bikes liquid cooled in the future.

To me, the most impressive feature of the HD brand is their phenomenal marketing department..

A word of caution...Don't make too many assumptions about me or my "glee" since you don't know me or anything about me. I posted 4 simple words and you took off on that. I don't know you, don't necessarily want to know you, but don't assume you know anything about me. End of story.

I was thinking of starting a class action lawsuit myself' And i need some input from members of this forum.......Any and all help will be welcome... But not necessarily followed...

Has any of you have now or ever have had in the past ever have a case of.. ''Brain Freeze'' while eating a Quart of Ben and Jerry's ice cream on a hot summer day??, Particularly Cherry Garcia ice cream... :Shrug:

A word of caution...Don't make too many assumptions about me or my "glee" since you don't know me or anything about me. I posted 4 simple words and you took off on that. I don't know you, don't necessarily want to know you, but don't assume you know anything about me. End of story.
I made no assumption. That is your assessment of my response. I stand by my response. It is reprehensible to me for someone to delight as you did in the litigation against Harley Davidson. I doubt very much that you would have the courage of your convictions such that you would stand by the employee entrance at the York, PA assembly plant at shift change and declare such.

I think we need to knock it off. I certainly didn't mean to offend you,Fred. so I apologize if I did.

What's that joke about 750 lawyers at the bottom of an ocean being a good start? I have a lot of acquaintances who are lawyers but I don't call them my friends. OTOH, if it weren't for a bunch of RUBS that play lawyer in the daytime and outlaw on the weekends, Harley stock would likely be in the tank. Unfortunately, anybody can sue anybody for any reason even if it is frivolous. I get your point and don't find any joy over Harley being sued for what appear to be frivolous grounds.
I have a sister-in-law that's a lawyer and I don't call her a friend. :D

Ok, how about this? Whoever is still standing has to buy lunch.
In a way one could look at this whole deal as a wet tshirt contest among some good lookers...All boobs are nice..Some are nicer...Same applies to bikes.

Do not forget: "A woman is only a woman, but a good cigar is a smoke." Attributed to WC Fields.

Ok, how about this? Whoever is still standing has to buy lunch.
In a way one could look at this whole deal as a wet tshirt contest among some good lookers...All boobs are nice..Some are nicer...Same applies to bikes.

Do not forget: "A woman is only a woman, but a good cigar is a smoke." Attributed to WC Fields.

And sometimes a Cigar is just a Cigar....:laugh:
[S. Freud]

Hey Guys,

I posted this information, cause I thought it might be helpful to some. Not to start any arguments. We all love what we ride. We all are a family who has the same interest in Trikes. Lets try and keep this friendly. A lot of us don't even know each other. Only what we read in this forum. Its ok to disagree, after all thats what the forum does, brings out debates. So lets just try and keep calm, and enjoy and learn by each others comments and have fun in this forum. ;)

I don't have a dog in this fight but, if nothing else it might just be the catalyst that will cause HD to start thinking of getting rid of the "hot bikes". Water cooling can't hurt that's for sure.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HomeFree

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HomeFree
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png