Harsh ride, leaking seals & anti-dive

One other question about the lower AD plunger. Can you tell me how far it should be recessed if it is the full upper position?

On the Traxxion: Yes just the springs. I talked to Max, and Mike several times before I got my springs 4 years ago, and haven't regretted it a bit, and the vertical scratch got me on the first seal replacement in about 1K + -

I don't know an exact depression, but tapping the lower housing should release it back to the top ( maybe ), and once the spacer ( nickle ) is in the plunger on top shouldn't come in contact with the bottom, thus disabling it.

This may help :Shrug:

original.jpg

On the Traxxion: Yes just the springs. I talked to Max, and Mike several times before I got my springs 4 years ago, and haven't regretted it a bit, and the vertical scratch got me on the first seal replacement in about 1K + -

I don't know an exact depression, but tapping the lower housing should release it back to the top ( maybe ), and once the spacer ( nickle ) is in the plunger on top shouldn't come in contact with the bottom, thus disabling it.

This may help :Shrug:

original.jpg

Hint: Hold the Ctrl button down and press the + key eight times and the picture will be blown up for easy viewing. Hold Ctrl and press 0 (zero) to return to default font size. You can hold Ctrl and click + or - keys to zoom the page to you liking.

Thanks, I should have remembered that since I downloaded and saved those pictures yesterday before disabling the AD. Looking again at the photos, Fred shows that the resting position of the lower piston should be 9mm down.

And thanks also for the comments about Traxxion. That has made up my mind between them and Progressive

A little cool here for me, but I need to look at my rear again on the Honda :Shrug: Maybe some time this week :)

Does anyone know if the 1500's have the same problem of sticking anti-dive?

I couldn't tell you for sure, but if you are on a trike and it has anti-dive, I personally don't think it is anything more that a problem waiting to happen.

Open up a beer, then take off the upper fender (4 bolts) and the left mud guard (2 bolts). Unscrew the top of the anti-dive from the bottom half (2 screws) and separate the halves. (Don't worry. Nothing will leak or spring out.) Take a drink of beer then with a small punch or, like I did, a golf tee and press down into the hole in the top of the lower half. The piston inside there should depress slightly and spring back after you release it. If not, lightly tap the housing with a small hammer until it releases. Drill a 7/32nd" hole in the center of a nickel. Place the plugged nickel (always wondered where or when that phrase would really apply) over the tip of the upper plunger and screw the halves back together. Have another drink of your beer, then put the mud guard and fender back on and you have disabled the anti-drive and any related problems. Now you can finish your beer cause it should still be cold.:beerchug:

1. When serviced properly(basically cleaned) at the time of fluid changes, they are not a major problem. Make sure the upper plunger works correctly in the upper half as well as "what it plunges" in the lower half.
2. 1500 Wings do not have one.

Hi when i changed my fork seals i put in 10 weight oil not 8 it did alot better and i run only 33 pounds to 35 in my front tire --it makes the bumps alot better --handles better too ---i ride with alot of trikes that run only 28-30 in the front tire --stops the slap when you hit a good bump -- just my 2 cents --

Hi when i changed my fork seals i put in 10 weight oil not 8 it did alot better and i run only 33 pounds to 35 in my front tire --it makes the bumps alot better --handles better too ---i ride with alot of trikes that run only 28-30 in the front tire --stops the slap when you hit a good bump -- just my 2 cents --

What about your tread-wear? Have you seen any decrease in tire lift by dropping back 5 or 6 pounds? I've been running 39 all the time on the front and so far have 15,000 on the front tire with no cupping and a lot of tread left to go.

I did bump the fork oil up to 20 weight.

I have a 2010 Gl1800 Lehman. I ride 2 up, and tow a Leisurelite tent trailer. I just had the left fork seal replaced, at 6000 miles/10,000 km. The mechanic was concerned that the front end was so low. He suggested storing the trike over the Winter with the trike jacked up at the front to relax the front springs. As the ground clearance is not great, either, and the bike sems to 'lean' forward, I was considering going with Traxxion springs on the advice of a trike installer, to raise up the front end, improve clearance, and to increase play in the forks. Has anyone installed the Traxxion cartridges? Any advice on any of this?

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wyldesydedavid

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wyldesydedavid
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png