Heat off engine

I used this welders heat shield on my leg and it works fantastic. $22 The youtube link shows it at 24:34 into the video.

View attachment 92546

Very interesting these certainly help you. But if the motor is that hot what have you done to help it run cooler. I ran ours this past season in 95-98 ° temperatures and the motor ran at an average of 225 ET. Did not even get warm on the legs . Ride safe Fred

V I ran ours this past season in 95-98 ° temperatures and the motor ran at an average of 225 ET. Did not even get warm on the legs . Ride safe Fred

Yep, if you do the right things to the Bike/Trike, temps can be brought down to where there is no accelerated wear happening to the engine AND where it is comfortable to ride, even in hot weather.

We are done with our multi-part series on the subject...but we are adding an additional video for the Twin Cooled later today or tomorrow.

Here is the LINK to the playlist on the series.

Kevin

I also have a 2019 Tri-Glide and this happened to me as well. I was going from Kingman AZ to Las Vegas NV in June, outside temps were 105 to 108, my leg was burning. That night at the hotel I had blisters on my right calf with a lot of swelling and redness.

I wore Levi's so I don't suspect it was the jean material, more like hot engine temperatures. After talking with the Harley Tech, he suggested I have the cat removed from pipes and have them ceramic coated.

If HD knows of the extreme heat issue, they should do something to fix it!

They do know how......Make their Engines FULLY WATER Cooled... But then no one would buy them.....They had the right engine in the V-Rod...Guess what, Yep no one bought them...:(...

Iv'e said this before......The V-Rod engine was the one they should have put in the Tri-Glides instead of wasting their money on the M8....

I dunno Bob, The V Rod engine was originally designed to be a high revving engine as it took its heritage from the VR1000 race bike, the lightweight engine with 4 valve heads ( DOHC) could take the higher power band unlike the air cooled twins

I dunno Bob, The V Rod engine was originally designed to be a high revving engine as it took its heritage from the VR1000 race bike, the lightweight engine with 4 valve heads ( DOHC) could take the higher power band unlike the air cooled twins

Read the history of the devilment of the engine they Used/Needed Porsche engineers to tame it for reliable Street use.....And maintenance..Like a single crankcase so just one drain plug does the whole oil change...Among others...

If Harley would make a boxer engine this wouldn't be a problem.

They did once. I also wish they had continued with it and a driveshaft because of the gravel roads I'm forced to ride.

iu

1942 HD XA

They did once. I also wish they had continued with it and a driveshaft because of the gravel roads I'm forced to ride.

iu

1942 HD XA

Beautiful Bike!!! I love that "cutting edge" front tire. Thanks for sharing that. Ditto on the shaft. I've had two shaft drive bikes and loved them both. My TriGlide is my first belt drive bike and already have a rock from chip seal punched clear through it.

Beautiful Bike!!! I love that "cutting edge" front tire. Thanks for sharing that. Ditto on the shaft. I've had two shaft drive bikes and loved them both. My TriGlide is my first belt drive bike and already have a rock from chip seal punched clear through it.

Wheels through time has one of these . Ahead of there times in the forty's and now sixty's years behind the times . :D

iu

1942 HD XA

That's a extremely rare bike to have, I think it's horizontally opposed, side-valve two-cylinder engine was modeled from the BMW's

Is this one yours??

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvester

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvester
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png