Highway Peg Mod

I used to ride in shorts from time to time. Then, on a 105-degree day this summer, I discovered that the combination of the temperature and the heat coming off the engine was overwhelming when I had my feet on the highway pegs. I switched over to my jeans and that solved the problem. I never would have believed it if it hadn't happened to me.

Today was low 90's and it was getting toasty. Only relief I got was on the highway pegs for some ram air cooling. Other then that the long jeans may have paid dividends as a heat buffer from the engine. Later in the week should be low to mid 80's again which IMO is perfect riding temps.

This is my second mod on my wing that I just bought last month. I found the Highway pegs that were on the bike to be very uncomfortable. I am 5"-10" and have long legs and always felt I was wrapping my legs around the fairing to get to the Highway pegs. Not to mention getting burned while wearing shorts on the cylinder head.

So today I headed down to Menards, bought 2 Stainless Steel Hex Bolts, 4 Chrome washers and one 1" chrome sleeve. This brought the highway pegs out 1-1/4" to a much more comfortable riding position for me. About a $20 fix.............:D

After reading your post I did the same thing. Thanks for the information

Later Bighank

I like that mod.
One of the few things I couldn't adjust to make mine useful.
If extending the peg itself out was all I needed to do to stop my legs from hitting the fairings.
I should slap myself for not figuring this out for myself.

Thanks for the idea.

Do you know what model you have?

Yes - the Ergo II Cruise Mounts. There is a "button" at the outside edge which your toe can pull back to create a swing-out heel rest. Depending on the extension I feel like having, I can either rest my heels on the floorboards with my toes on the Ergo heel rest, or if I want further extension, I can put my heels on the heelrest with my toes or instep on the rubber-covered portion of the Ergo II. Quite versatile. pepper

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stockville69

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stockville69
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png