Honda Trident Trikes CX500

The Trident CX500 trike was originally designed and built by a motorcycle dealer in Fairfield, Ohio called Klassic Cycles. The company first built a prototype trike for the Cincinnati PD. After the initial build the company started a company called KVV Enterprises and relocated to Columbus, Ohio. The trike had a custom rear tail section and a custom Dana rear end. We used the Vetter fairings for the front with custom lights mounted inside the fairings. The fiberglass "trunks" were custom made by a company in Columbus. The company started making three wheeled vehicles for meter maids and for use on golf courses shortly before going out of business. The head designer accepted a position with Club Car.

If there is any more info needed just ask. I designed the electrical system for the company and worked for them several years.

Tom

Tom, Welcome to Trike Talk Forum from West Virginia. :wave4:

We took one of these in trade years ago and sold it to a collector in New Jersey.

There are several owners of these models here on T/T and your experience of the Trident history is going to be very interesting to them and us.

In retrospect it sounds like Trident was trying to follow Harley-Davidson's business plan but not as lucky.:(

Maybe they should have started a Trident clothing line for the Golf Course instead.:Shrug:

:wave4:Belated welcome from Montana. I ride a Kawasaki Vulcan 750 fitted with a Voyager MTC. Great set up for short trips and commuting. Health problems prevent me from taking overnight or longer tours, so it works well for me. Your trike is a sweet looking rig, so depending on your situation, it is definiely a "keeper":wave4::wave4:

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roadrunner1

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roadrunner1
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png