How in the world do you post a picture from an IPhone

With the dual boot if you're not paying attention when the 'Grub Loader' appears you wind up not going into the os you want.

A stand alone machine is the best way to go about it, actually Linux Mint 18.3 is as close to W7 as you can get and just as easy to use. I'll be going with the 18.3 XFCE as it has all the stuff I need and then a wee bit more. Make a 'Live CD' of Mint and give it a try, it doesn't affect the OS that's in the machine already.

You're running the Cinnamon with all the bells and whistles. I wonder how that will run on an older laptop? I recently picked up on ebay a Toshiba Satellite L505-S6962 with 4 gigs of memory and a Core2Duo 2.10 Ghz and all it needs is a HDD. I've been told that the Cinnamon is the closest to W7. I may live CD run both versions.

Sounds like I'm being pointed in the right direction with Linux Mint. Next week this other laptop should be in.

Thank you. I have the feeling this will be good.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvester

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvester
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png