How many IRON BUTT riders are members here?

Morton

20+ Posts
Gold Member
I have been riding for more years than I can count.

Just before I turned 70 and was having trouble keeping my 2 wheels balanced with confidence ... I bought a trike ( 2014 HD ultra ) which I immediately fell in love with.

I spent 3 months fitting it to my liking and decided to do a Saddle Sore 1000 before my birthday.

Jumped on it one morning last October and ran from La Crosse to Murdo SD and back in 18.5 hours.

I'm now an Iron Butt Member.

How many of you have ran an Iron butt ride?

Morton

1000 mile member

In 2005, I did a little over 1000 miles in about 22 hours (certified by Ironbutt Association), on a Harley Fatboy, from Akron Ohio to Spirit Lake Iowa with my brother and a friend. We left in the afternoon and rode all night to avoid the worst of the traffic.

Did the SS1000 in August of 2020 on my tri glide. Have attempted the 1500 on my Vulcan S (650 cc), but haven't figured out the seat lol.

Had a gentleman riding a BMW 1600 that left San Diego around 10 pm one night pulling a trailer with 75 gallons of gasoline trying to make it across the US without stopping or putting his feet down. Made it all the way to Tallahassee, FL and got stopped by the police for speeding. Traveling all interstate I-8 and I-10.

I have not done an Iron Butt ride, but I have ridden twice from Jacksonville Florida to Mn stopping only for gas in 24 hour span

Back