I Did It...I Bought a Freewheeler!

Pam, I hope you were not at the WalMart in Duncan this morning.

Interesting Story in Duncan ... a man walks up to a car with a male and female occupant, sprays nine rounds into it, killing both. An armed bystander puts his weapon to the shooters head and says, "Stop Shooting". The shooter quickly turns his gun on himself and takes his own life.

Moral of the story ... Thank You Second Amendment and a brave bystander. :D

Reactions: MDO
Is that what really happened?

I missed the “live” newscasts about it and everything I’ve tried to google comes up with stories only saying 3 are dead and one of them was the bad guy... no mention of a 3rd party with a gun confronting the bad guy.. ???

Is that what really happened?

I missed the “live” newscasts about it and everything I’ve tried to google comes up with stories only saying 3 are dead and one of them was the bad guy... no mention of a 3rd party with a gun confronting the bad guy.. ???

I missed the live newscasts too ... googled it and read a story that I paraphrased ... tried just now to find the story ... apparently, it was fake news ... can't find it now, it was a CNN story I read .. so I guess my bad for reading their take. :Shrug:

DUNCAN, Okla. – Three people were killed Monday in a shooting outside a Walmart that ended when a bystander pointed a gun at the shooter, police and a witness said.

Police responding to a call shortly before 10 a.m. local time found a man and a woman dead in the front seat of a car in the parking lot and another man deceased outside the car,

Duncan Police Chief Danny Ford said.
“It appears several rounds were fired into the car, and a handgun was found on scene,” Ford said.Authorities have not revealed a motive for the shooting. Ford said it appears a gunman shot the male and female victims and then turned the gun on himself. Ford said all three knew each other but declined to describe their relationships or identify them pending notification of immediate family. He did say one of the victims was a current or former employee of Walmart.

DUNCAN, Okla. – Three people were killed Monday in a shooting outside a Walmart that ended when a bystander pointed a gun at the shooter, police and a witness said.

Police responding to a call shortly before 10 a.m. local time found a man and a woman dead in the front seat of a car in the parking lot and another man deceased outside the car,

Duncan Police Chief Danny Ford said.
“It appears several rounds were fired into the car, and a handgun was found on scene,” Ford said.Authorities have not revealed a motive for the shooting. Ford said it appears a gunman shot the male and female victims and then turned the gun on himself. Ford said all three knew each other but declined to describe their relationships or identify them pending notification of immediate family. He did say one of the victims was a current or former employee of Walmart.

Yea ... that is all I could find when I tried to re find it this morning ... guess the one I read yesterday was simply more fake news ... my bad for ever believing anything I read from a CNN source.

I did find this:

https://www.thedailybeast.com/dunca...d-after-shooting-at-a-walmart-authorities-say

about halfway through the story, they do say this:

[COLOR=rgba(2, 20, 31, 0.85098)]"While authorities did not go into specifics about the incident, Ford [/COLOR]told reporters Monday[COLOR=rgba(2, 20, 31, 0.85098)] that “at some point the shooter did walk up to the car,” and added that while an armed civilian was at the scene, he cannot confirm if he intervened before the shooter killed himself."[/COLOR]

I suspect CNN once again jumped to conclusions again and later pulled the story ... my question is, if a celebrity gets hacked, and his or her nude pictures get put o the web, how come they can not get them off, but, CNN can pull stories off the web.

So ... I'm not going nuts ... was worried for a few minutes ... :D ... I will say that it's my hope that the OP for this thread wasn't at Walmart at that time .. even though, apparently the Big Box store was so concerned with public safety, that by all accounts, they stayed open through the whole incident ... :AGGHH:

We now return you to your regularly scheduled program ... :D

Wife and boyfriend shot inside the car and husband took his own life outside. So I read

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roadrunner1
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png