If you were to do it again, how would you build/buy it?

Engine Upgrade

I have a 2007 Street glide with the CSC Daytona conversion. Independent suspension is one of the key features with the extended wheel base, it has a great ride. Converted it in 2010 and it has 83K miles. After all of these miles, there is 3 things I would like to change. The tail lights (they could be changed), the mufflers (CSC had to use them because of the way they run the exhaust around the independent suspension), and if your going into a strong headwind, it's under powered. So I'll live with the tail lights, wish I could find different mufflers that would work, and I'm having a 120 engine installed this winter. With that said there is no denying the styling of those Hannigan and Road smith conversions. I don't think a person could go wrong. Ride Safe !! Merry Christmas!

I have a 2007 Street glide with the CSC Daytona conversion. Independent suspension is one of the key features with the extended wheel base, it has a great ride. Converted it in 2010 and it has 83K miles. After all of these miles, there is 3 things I would like to change. The tail lights (they could be changed), the mufflers (CSC had to use them because of the way they run the exhaust around the independent suspension), and if your going into a strong headwind, it's under powered. So I'll live with the tail lights, wish I could find different mufflers that would work, and I'm having a 120 engine installed this winter. With that said there is no denying the styling of those Hannigan and Road smith conversions. I don't think a person could go wrong. Ride Safe !! Merry Christmas!

Kruzer,

Do you have any pic's of your mufflers and offsets installed on your trike.

I had to have a local muffler shop build me a set of 4" offsets with long slide connections to allow me to use any set of touring slip-on mufflers.

it cost me $80.00.

I also had to trim my headpipe 1.25" on the right side and .75" on the left.

PM me sometime and I will walk you through the process...if I can do it...anybody can

Kruzer,

Do you have any pic's of your mufflers and offsets installed on your trike. I had to have a local muffler shop build me a set of 4" offsets with long slide connections to allow me to use any set of touring slip-on mufflers. it cost me $80.00.

I also had to trim my headpipe 1.25" on the right side and .75" on the left.

PM me sometime and I will walk you through the process...if I can do it...anybody can

Sloride, I don't have any pictures and it's in storage getting the new engine installed. I'll mention it to my tech, who is an Ace. he said he was going to look at it to see if something could be done. But I will tell him what you did and we'll see? Thanks for the input.

:Agree: I've had a 2012 and now a 2015 TriGlide and I would go for another if the time arrives, however I do wish the factory would build a Road Glide Tri. If they would build it I would own it.

Which is precisely why I converted my old tour glide.

one big advantage is an over-all 9 degree rake and it responds and out steers the tri-glide hands down. I don't even use a steering damper.

I recently installed a new set of heavy duty progressive front fork springs and it really did upgrade the ride.

I like the handling I get with the champion straight axle kit. It's a little rough in town but smooth's right out on the highway wich is what I built it for.

the difference between a good trike and a bad one depends entirely on the integrity of it's builder!

IMG_3869 (600 x 450).jpg

I have no problem owning a conversion and would go with a conversion again because I can work on it myself.
Building your own isn't rocket science if you have some mechanical ability and are able to follow instructions.
It's about 90% common sense but people are to afraid to try it themselves.
If you find a reputable conversion shop there are no draw backs to a conversion versus a factory built once the warranty period is over.

A motor manual in my hands is worth more than a parts changer in a Harley shop trying to do the work of a mechanic.ThumbUp

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tmorri1
Back