Im back among the living

Most of the strain for the belt and chain is on the left side. As said above, the Evo primary is sometimes unable to handle the torque and strain and will allow the transmission to twist. The Torque Arm resists the twist and keeps the transmission where it belongs. It will also resist the twisting force presented by the Trike swingarm.

This is what I have on mine.

View attachment 65459

View attachment 65460

Lee just an update:

Upon further inspection this ultima engine turns out to be a 113" instead of 127" and I actually like that better since it gets better reviews.

This is an Evo based engine and from what I can see the brace wont fit?

This chop has a rigid frame so swing arm isn't a factor but I will keep an eye and see what is happening?

pcombe;652531 This is an Evo based engine and from what I can see the brace wont fit?[/QUOTE said:
The Carlini arm is designed specifically for evo's. Is the Ultima block/cam cover different in the front mount area where the carlini would mount to, than what is found on a stock cased evo?

Still have to believe it might somehow help on a rigid but since you're running an open belt drive primary, perhaps the "inner" primary is built more ruggedly than a stock inner chain drive primary???:Shrug:

Another point might be as it appears from your pics your chop has rigid motor mounts vs rubber on stock big twins, the flex would be negligible, making the arm not needed???

PCombe said:

Thank's you're singing my blues, Steve.

I'll tell ya what if you head out Sturgis way I only live about 250 miles away in Casper, Wyoming.

I intend to roll a butt load of miles this summer, Not a solid plan but I pick a general direction and when I get to a major interchange out west flipping a quarter and doing a two-bit ride leads me to a lot of places and the length of the ride or time I'm gone is controlled by very few things and some pre-planning takes care of those.

gimmie a holler?

Absolutely sir, If you get done to South Carolina, I would love to meet up and ride a bit with you. Hang in there.

The Carlini arm is designed specifically for evo's. Is the Ultima block/cam cover different in the front mount area where the carlini would mount to, than what is found on a stock cased evo?

Still have to believe it might somehow help on a rigid but since you're running an open belt drive primary, perhaps the "inner" primary is built more ruggedly than a stock inner chain drive primary???:Shrug:

Another point might be as it appears from your pics your chop has rigid motor mounts vs rubber on stock big twins, the flex would be negligible, making the arm not needed???

That's correct it is not rubber mounted.

Surprisingly enough the engine runs smooth enough it doesn't rattle the hell out of the bike?

Its been a long time since I have dealt with the simple technology to the degree of this bike and I have forgotten quite a bit.

One thing I like is the lack of all the electronic Bullshit.

I wired it with three circuit breakers, Ignition, lights etc. Godi love it, It's even more simple than my 30-year-old tour glide.

PCombe said:

Thank's you're singing my blues, Steve.

I'll tell ya what if you head out Sturgis way I only live about 250 miles away in Casper, Wyoming.

I intend to roll a butt load of miles this summer, Not a solid plan but I pick a general direction and when I get to a major interchange out west flipping a quarter and doing a two-bit ride leads me to a lot of places and the length of the ride or time I'm gone is controlled by very few things and some pre-planning takes care of those.

gimmie a holler?

Absolutely sir, If you get done to South Carolina, I would love to meet up and ride a bit with you. Hang in there.

I was in N. Carolina around Waynesville last October and pretty much fell in love with it.

I want to go back and who knows, My trike wants to go run the dragon.

I flew out for a visit and ran the road in a car.

I got to see the wheels of time museum also.

I was in N. Carolina around Waynesville last October and pretty much fell in love with it.

I want to go back and who knows, My trike wants to go run the dragon.

I flew out for a visit and ran the road in a car.

I got to see the wheels of time museum also.

Paul, you ought think about attending the Trike Talk Maggie Valley Rally this year. You can ride the Dragon with fellow members on here as well as the other great roads to ride on down there!

Glad to see you back on here!

Paul... ride on down to the Texas Hill Country get-together about the first week in October. We’d love to have you! Stay tuned to this channel for more info! It’s a great bunch of folks with several now-single people such as yourself along with couples. We have a really good time.

Paul, you ought think about attending the Trike Talk Maggie Valley Rally this year. You can ride the Dragon with fellow members on here as well as the other great roads to ride on down there!

Glad to see you back on here!

Gimmie details, I just might.

I have a friend that lives in Waynesville

Paul... ride on down to the Texas Hill Country get-together about the first week in October. We’d love to have you! Stay tuned to this channel for more info! It’s a great bunch of folks with several now-single people such as yourself along with couples. We have a really good time.

Im open to allot of things

Paul that is a cool chopper you have

Is that a Jockey shift transmission?

IMO with that aggressive belt primary a Carlini Torque Arm would be a huge plus

That primary belt is a lot of force pulling on the tranny and clutch hub bearing

The Torque Arm would help keep that tranny from wanting to twist JMO

Your bike looks to be a lot of fun to ride;)

Gimmie details, I just might.

I have a friend that lives in Waynesville

Paul, it traditionally has been Labor Day week in September. Check out the Maggie Valley Gathering thread in the This N That area under TrikeTalk.com/T.O.I Gatherings to check out past years gatherings.

Paul that is a cool chopper you have

Is that a Jockey shift transmission?

IMO with that aggressive belt primary a Carlini Torque Arm would be a huge plus

That primary belt is a lot of force pulling on the tranny and clutch hub bearing

The Torque Arm would help keep that tranny from wanting to twist JMO

Your bike looks to be a lot of fun to ride;)

Yes it was a jokey shift, I took it off. You had to reach low to grab the shift arm, Springer's spring and 113" motors put out some torque.

i want both hands on the bars and i want to be able to put 2 feet on the ground.

Suicide clutch was cool when i was a kid. LOL

I had the suicide shift on my 58. Things got interesting at the stop on top of a hill. Or at intersections when the guy in front of ya decides to stop for no apparent reason.:clapping:No front brake. So ya ran out of feet. One for the clutch one for the brake, hey how am I gonna hold this thing up.:Shrug:Got old pretty quick livin in the city.:)

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tw0fast4u

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tw0fast4u
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png