Installed Genuine HD Armrest kit

14TG

80+ Posts
Dec 24, 2023
New Castle, PA, USA
As many on here know, I recently purchased a 2014 Tri Glide. It only had 5,600 on it. I will admit I got a great deal on it (from the local HD dealer, too!) and had some nice add-ons…. BUT that only averages less than 600 miles a year!

This poor trike also showed signs of neglect. So I took this opportunity to not only customize it the way I always do with my bikes… but also re-do, maintain and get things back up to par and ready for the road as I intend to put many miles on it!

….so without boring with all those details as I intend to make a future post (and video) on all the changes that I have done to it over this past winter, I also took this time and opportunity to add the genuine Harley Davidson armrest kit (Part number: 52400106) while all parts were off getting painted and was much easier to install all the parts on the tub while it was wide open.

Although, more expensive , I preferred this set up over the “aftermarket” ones due the better mounting and nice features.

Here’s a link to the YouTube video:

The video also shows a sneak peek on the custom Kandy paint job that I wanted, using HOK (House Of Kolor) Kandy “Brandywine” over their “SilverMax” base.

I hope this helps anyone who is deciding to add these to their trike!

-Brett

As many on here know, I recently purchased a 2014 Tri Glide. It only had 5,600 on it. I will admit I got a great deal on it (from the local HD dealer, too!) and had some nice add-ons…. BUT that only averages less than 600 miles a year!

This poor trike also showed signs of neglect. So I took this opportunity to not only customize it the way I always do with my bikes… but also re-do, maintain and get things back up to par and ready for the road as I intend to put many miles on it!

….so without boring with all those details as I intend to make a future post (and video) on all the changes that I have done to it over this past winter, I also took this time and opportunity to add the genuine Harley Davidson armrest kit (Part number: 52400106) while all parts were off getting painted and was much easier to install all the parts on the tub while it was wide open.

Although, more expensive , I preferred this set up over the “aftermarket” ones due the better mounting and nice features.

Here’s a link to the YouTube video:

The video also shows a sneak peek on the custom Kandy paint job that I wanted, using HOK (House Of Kolor) Kandy “Brandywine” over their “SilverMax” base.

I hope this helps anyone who is deciding to add these to their trike!

-Brett

Great video Brett! Are you KustomFX on YouTube?

Great video Brett! Are you KustomFX on YouTube?

Thank you!

Yes sir I am.

I do have a day job, …. but my KustomFX, LLC. started making F150 switch panels 10 years ago & has been a steady side business for a while. I can say I’m blessed!

My son bought a FLD Dyna Switchback, and I also make a custom tour pack mount for those too.

So you will see videos I’ve done on my switch panels, Switchback tour pack mounts and my previous Road king that I sold in September and then got this Tri Glide.

-Brett

Thank you!

Yes sir I am.

I do have a day job, …. but my KustomFX, LLC. started making F150 switch panels 10 years ago & has been a steady side business for a while. I can say I’m blessed!

My son bought a FLD Dyna Switchback, and I also make a custom tour pack mount for those too.

So you will see videos I’ve done on my switch panels, Switchback tour pack mounts and my previous Road king that I sold in September and then got this Tri Glide.

-Brett

Brett, great content! Feel free to post up some of your YouTube Channel Videos here on the forum!

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drew73

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drew73
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png