installing the trike today

Feb 8, 2011
Huntsville
All the parts are back from powdercoat and I repaired most of the shipping damage. Hopefully ill be riding it in the afternoon. I'll post pics of the build.

Well, I have not had the best luck. The swing arm was bent and I had to order another one from Frankenstein. I also had a stripped bolt that Frankenstein had their machine shop repair. Even used with repairs it has been a good deal, if UPS ever pays the claim like they said I will be in good shape.

Anyway I have taken a few photos along the way. The paint was done by my indie shop mechanic that paints as a hobby.

20130830_085355.jpg

20130830_103035.jpg

Here is a shot just so I could feel good about my progress so far. Hopefully the new swingarm comes in monday and I can ride to work on tuesday:D

20130914_121909.jpg

Yes Tip, Its backwards. I just rolled the axle under there to look like a trike. I want to do the exhaust and floorboard kit but need to install everything in order to fit. Its hard to sit and wait for parts.

Looking good. I sure think the kit will be great on a dyna! Watch those wheelies!
Floorboard kit? Does HD have one for dynas?

BTW, NICE sidecar too!!

Thank you for the sidecar comment, it really is my favorite toy :) I am building the trike to keep the miles down in the sidecar since HD stopped making them.

HD put a floorboard on the new Dyna Switchback a few years ago and it will fit any year Dyna. No heel shifter yet, but I am sure someone will come up with one. Here are a few pics I found.

301llwi.jpg

bfhlhg.jpg

OK. I never payed much attention to the switchback but floorboards a good idea. I had two nasty surgeries on my left foot and after owning a FatBoy I swore I'd never have a bike without them again. I traded my old FatBoy in on a Victory Jackpot and asked if some of the other models footboards would fit. They checked and said they figured so. I got them in, had brackets powder coated to match my frame and installed. Sooooo much nicer than that toe shifting.
Wife wanted floorboards on her Sportster trike. I pieced some Kuryakyn parts into some very functionable floorboards ( sorta). I used the wide pegs and added the heel pieces to them.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvester

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvester
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png