Insurance!!!

I have Farm Bureau and pay $409 a year for my 2017 Tri-Glide.

Turned in a claim last week to get my Drive belt replace due to a rock or stick getting caught in it and wearing a groove on the about 1/2 wide on the edge.

At first they were going to cover under collision which is a $500 deductible after I balked at that and explained to agent the amount of money I spend with them and could probably find something cheaper they came back today and told me that it was going to be covered under comprehensive with $100 deductible.

The estimate to replace from the dealer was $867.

Checks in the mail.

I have 3 cars/trucks, 2 ATVs, house and Trike insured through then and have been with them for 20+ years.

Probably will stick with them.

Bob

The Wise Choice.......ThumbUp

Really hard to compare because as others have said insurance is very fact dependent - where you live, where trike, your age and driving record, even credit history oftentimes plays a part in rate determination. With that being said I've had quite a few - State Farm, Dairyland, Progressive - never had Geico, Nationwide or Allstate.

I have kept my bikes insured with Foremost since 2005. They gave me the absolute best rate and even though I've shopped them several times I was never able to find anything better. And I've had a couple claims over the years.

I know I am in a distinct minority but to save premium $$ I carry the very lowest medical coverage and I decline uninsured / underinsured motorist coverage. Reason for this is I'm retired, on Medicare so medical bills fortunately are not a big concern. And I don't need income replaced since I don't work except part of the year helping folks select their Medicare coverage.

Now I've had insurance agents even tell me that if I'm in a crash with a uninsured motorist who is at fault and I don't have uninsured motorist coverage then I have no coverage to get my bike / car repaired. NOT SO. Your very own collision coverage will pay regardless of who is at fault. NOW if you have to use it they will count it as a chargeable claim just like you were at fault even though it was the uninsured motorist who was at fault. But for me that's I chance I'm prepared to take and it has saved me $,$$$ over many, many years. JMHO.

+ 1 on Foremost

Well here's my story. I have my cars and house through Select Ins. They won't insure a motorcycle. So I went to Progressive for a year. They got too expensive for me. Can't remember the cost. So I went to Geico Ins. That's when I had a 2003 Anniversary Ultra. I traded in my Ultra in on my 2017 Tri-Glide. When I go my new premium with Geico, The cost went down $5.00, Added an extra wheel I guess. More stability. So I pay $425.00 Full coverage for a year.

You all got me thinking so I shopped around again. Liberty Mutual will sell me a year for 244 without medical for my 2015 Tri. (I have great medical coverage.) The whole package for all vehicles and house saves me about 800 a year. Thanks!

Well Group i got the dreaded insurance bill in the mail. Total cost for (1) year is $1148.00. So much for Christmas. Help me out, does anyone know of a good cheep insurance company? I have a 2010 Harley Trike. Thanks for your help.

I go with Dairyland for my Triglide. It was under $350 for the year. I was thinking that was too much but after your post, I am going to buy something for my trike. You made my day!

Back