IT'S FINISHED

rocket1lf

450+ Posts
Dec 7, 2013
Hot Arizona, USA
It's finally finished. You can't tell by the picture, but there is a lot of gold flake in the copper and white and it really sparkles in the sun. We just got back from an 1800 mile trip with it up through Utah and Colorado. It was really filthy. Stallion ran great averaging 30.92 MPG up and over 11000 foot mountains. We even spent the night in Leadville Colorado at 10200 feet.

Boy the air is sure thin up there. 48 steps up to our rooms as the hotel was built in the 1800's and they won't have an elevator installed until later this year. Check out the Delaware Hotel in Leadville, CO. The hotel and staff are great. The only problem I had, which is typical for our rides, is that it was raining for over 300 miles the day we were going to Leadville and the radio head lost the reading and the voltage and air indicators started flashing.

The odd thing that happened is I got a call at 10:00PM from the hotel front desk telling me that one of the bikes had a light on. I asked if it had a cover on it, mine was the only one with a cover, and she said yes. I went down all the stairs to find my running light on. I tried everything to get it off. I finally cycled the ignition switch a couple of times and it went out. The switch block under the hood must have gotten wet and had a short. I did have to replace this switch once already.

Attachments

• IMGP0037 (2).JPG
    IMGP0037 (2).JPG
    933.5 KB · Views: 62
It's finally finished. You can't tell by the picture, but there is a lot of gold flake in the copper and white and it really sparkles in the sun. We just got back from an 1800 mile trip with it up through Utah and Colorado. It was really filthy. Stallion ran great averaging 30.92 MPG up and over 11000 foot mountains. We even spent the night in Leadville Colorado at 10200 feet. Boy the air is sure thin up there. 48 steps up to our rooms as the hotel was built in the 1800's and they won't have an elevator installed until later this year. Check out the Delaware Hotel in Leadville, CO. The hotel and staff are great. The only problem I had, which is typical for our rides, is that it was raining for over 300 miles the day we were going to Leadville and the radio head lost the reading and the voltage and air indicators started flashing. The odd thing that happened is I got a call at 10:00PM from the hotel front desk telling me that one of the bikes had a light on. I asked if it had a cover on it, mine was the only one with a cover, and she said yes. I went down all the stairs to find my running light on. I tried everything to get it off. I finally cycled the ignition switch a couple of times and it went out. The switch block under the hood must have gotten wet and had a short. I did have to replace this switch once already.

Looks Great, The headlight looks like a train. Cool

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkile1
Back