J&S Jacks

PanheadSteve

100+ Posts
Sep 5, 2018
Martinez, CA, USA
Has anyone heard from J&S Jacks recently? I ordered one in October with their special that guaranteed delivery before Christmas. I’ve emailed to check on it and tried calling them. The posts on facebook sound like they may have gone belly up. Today when I called I heard the memory full message with their voicemail.

Their website say to allow 12-14 weeks for delivery. That’s a big head start if you’re running. Guess I’ll have to file a claim with my bank.

Has anyone heard from J&S Jacks recently? I ordered one in October with their special that guaranteed delivery before Christmas. I’ve emailed to check on it and tried calling them. The posts on facebook sound like they may have gone belly up. Today when I called I heard the memory full message with their voicemail.

Their website say to allow 12-14 weeks for delivery. That’s a big head start if you’re running. Guess I’ll have to file a claim with my bank.

First that I have heard. Interesting.

There is a thread going on the HD Forums about J&S. The consensus is they are done. Everything on their website has been changed so that it cannot be ordered. Ideally this is so they can get caught up, but it seems like if that is the case they would communicate. I’m not optimistic.

That's too bad. I have a J&S jack and I love it. Looking at it though I'd bet that you could built an exact copy with some square tubing and some nuts and bolts. and a bottle jack. Let me know if you need photos and measurements.

Measurements

That's too bad. I have a J&S jack and I love it. Looking at it though I'd bet that you could built an exact copy with some square tubing and some nuts and bolts. and a bottle jack. Let me know if you need photos and measurements.

David, I would appreciate the measurements. I have a the jack for motorcycles and tried to communiate with J&S but no reply.

Thanks

David, I would appreciate the measurements. I have a the jack for motorcycles and tried to communiate with J&S but no reply.

Thanks

I just made a wooden spacer to mimic the J&S piece. Seems to work well.

lift2.jpglift3.jpglift1.jpg

One note. It's a bit wobbly till it gets higher. To be expected since the arms are all the way out. As it goes up the center of gravity moves towards the center of the lift making it much more stable. I just use it to get my jack stands under it.

Hate to see them close, I know they were really busy all the time, they needed to hire more help but I guess that was not what they wanted to do. I hope my J&S jack lasts until I die, the only thing I see failing is the bottle jack and there is a place here that rebuilds so I guess I'm good.

All for now Trampas

I just made a wooden spacer to mimic the J&S piece. Seems to work well.

View attachment 114161View attachment 114162View attachment 114163

One note. It's a bit wobbly till it gets higher. To be expected since the arms are all the way out. As it goes up the center of gravity moves towards the center of the lift making it much more stable. I just use it to get my jack stands under it.

Thanks for the photos - it appears to be a 2x4 and a 4x4? I had considered doing this but I was unsure as to the spacing needed. I notice also that your support bar is 2 pieces of angle iron giving the lift skid/bar a wider base. I can change out mine.

If and when I get the measurements of the top plate of the J&S I'm off to the machine shop and converting my $800+ J&S motorcycle jack to a Tri-Glide Jack.

Thanks again

RPB

Thanks for the photos - it appears to be a 2x4 and a 4x4? I had considered doing this but I was unsure as to the spacing needed. I notice also that your support bar is 2 pieces of angle iron giving the lift skid/bar a wider base. I can change out mine.

If and when I get the measurements of the top plate of the J&S I'm off to the machine shop and converting my $800+ J&S motorcycle jack to a Tri-Glide Jack.

Thanks again

RPB

It's actually a 3x4 and a 2x4. I used the 2x4 to spread the load across the lift arm.

Anyway to get the measurement I raised the lift to just make contact with the frame. Then measure from the lift to the cross brace of the frame. I think it was about 5 1/4". Kinda tuff cause you have to lay down and reach under the trike, but you get the idea.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvester

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvester
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png