JUST KNIVES

View attachment 84600

Here's my latest, so when I picked up the Bucks there was this one in the case that caught my eye. It looked unused but I wasn't familiar with the brand. Had the script writing so I figured it was a Buck knock off... He was asking $50 so no thanks...

Went back today and offered the guy $30 ...and it came home with me.

On a side note I've got a couple more vintage knives coming in from the evil Ebay sight.

That's it...no more ...I've got plenty of pretty knives now :cxtv:

My late husband often said that, by the time his birthday, our anniversary or Christmas rolled around he would snap out of it.

THE collection!

I went over today to check out my friends husbands knife collection. It was NOT a wasted trip. :D

These were the ones I didn't buy. I came home with 11 including the Camillus 100th Anniversary ones and the Buck 500 with the stag handle. I'll post them when I get some good pix.

Daves_collection.JPG

That looks like a very expensive collection. :)

My guess is probably $6-7 thousand if she can get true value for them. Her husband had a log book of purchase dates and $ amounts, starting back in 1982. She is moving and is thinking of having an Estate Sale company take the whole lot. I'm glad I had a chance to pick through them first. I have $12 left in my checking account until April. (not our budget acct.)

Wow! ... :xzqxz:

Nice that you had a chance to pick up a few of them Bill. Has she thought about listing them? Or is it too much of a hassle :Shrug:

Wow! ... :xzqxz:

Nice that you had a chance to pick up a few of them Bill. Has she thought about listing them? Or is it too much of a hassle :Shrug:

I asked her about Ebay, but it is too intense and time consuming for her. She had a hard time sending me the pictures via email. She doesn't know knives. I helped her identify on the list, the ones I got.

Knives I got today

Here are the knives I got from the collection. 2 Bucks, 2 Case, 4 Camillus, 1 Browning, 1 Marble's and an Italian stiletto. She was going to give me the display case, but I gave her an extra $25 for it.

3-16-knives.JPG

In honor of St. Patrick's Day, here is a closeup of the Case green bone.

Green_Case.JPG

I tried to carry a Kershaw knife similar to that one and the second day, somehow, it came open on me. I was working picking up all kinds of stuff and I'm sure something brushed up against it, but in my pocket I had no idea it would take such little effort to get it to open. When I wanted it open out of my pocket I had trouble fumbling around to get it in the correct position to flick the lever. So I was totally surprised when I felt something pointy partially out of my jeans pocket. So no more knives like that for carry for me without a sheath.

Last edited:
Here are the knives I got from the collection. 2 Bucks, 2 Case, 4 Camillus, 1 Browning, 1 Marble's and an Italian stiletto. She was going to give me the display case, but I gave her an extra $25 for it.

View attachment 84764

In honor of St. Patrick's Day, here is a closeup of the Case green bone.

View attachment 84765

You did good Bill... some very nice pieces you've added to your collection! ThumbUp

Randall, that's a special piece for sure. Any idea how old it is? It took years for it to turn green from contact with the sheath.

Thanks guys, this one is special indeed! Something from him that he used while I was in my younger days ...

Sent him the pictures and he was surprised on how good it looked.

Said he brought early 80's not exactly sure..from Crites lock smith on main st. San Antonio Texas for around 32 dollars

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roadrunner1

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roadrunner1
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png