JUST KNIVES

Just got confirmation that these two knives have shipped.

It's my first venture into fixed blade territory... Bill has shared a few with me, and he's got some nice ones! , so I'm not a hunter but the camillus Indian stag will fit nicely with the folders I have like it.

The Schrade caught my eye, had unique markings and looks unused as well. The seller and I went back and forth on the price but I think for $130 shipped I did alright. A little bit more than I wanted to spend but he came down a lot on the schrade to make the deal.

View attachment 89325

View attachment 89326

Was always a fan of fixed blade knives . Those are nice ones Randell :clapping:

View attachment 89356View attachment 89357 A couple more pics of Bob’s knife. Elk horn handles, solid knife and the makers initials are stamped.

Hey Jim, I hadn't come across an Anvil knife before, it looks like a great EDC. That elk horn custom made knife is a beauty! Nice thing about both of them is the history of the knife... thanks for sharing them ThumbUp

- - - Updated - - -

Was always a fan of fixed blade knives . Those are nice ones Randell :clapping:

Thanks Frank, they arrived yesterday while I was at work. Michele intercepted (signed) for the package :cxtv: I had to do the whole song and dance about what a good deal they were when I got home :D :laugh:

Hey Jim, I hadn't come across an Anvil knife before, it looks like a great EDC. That elk horn custom made knife is a beauty! Nice thing about both of them is the history of the knife... thanks for sharing them ThumbUp

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks Frank, they arrived yesterday while I was at work. Michele intercepted (signed) for the package :cxtv: I had to do the whole song and dance about what a good deal they were when I got home :D :laugh:

I would pay to see you dance. lololol

Randall

IMG_1406.JPGIMG_1407.JPGIMG_1408.JPGIMG_1409.JPG

Randall, thought you might like to see. The first 2 are of a Indian Artist who hand carved the images on an antler handle. Around 25 yrs. 2nd is a Posse Ride Lmt Edition from 20 yrs ago. Last pic is of some old ones of my Dad's . Bottom is from a safety award . The 1st on right in the top row is my own from around 50-60 yrs The batch to the left were all Dads. NO idea how old they were,but over 70yrs. Click to enlarge

Nice knives Jim I had a anvil once it was brand new never sharpened don't remember what happened to it. I have given so many knives away to nephews and friends one of them must have gotten it. Wish I was good enough to make a knife like the one your friend had and you have now really nice.

View attachment 89356View attachment 89357 A couple more pics of Bob’s knife. Elk horn handles, solid knife and the makers initials are stamped.

That is an awesome knife Jim!

- - - Updated - - -

View attachment 89397View attachment 89398View attachment 89399View attachment 89400

Randall, thought you might like to see. The first 2 are of a Indian Artist who hand carved the images on an antler handle. Around 25 yrs. 2nd is a Posse Ride Lmt Edition from 20 yrs ago. Last pic is of some old ones of my Dad's . Bottom is from a safety award . The 1st on right in the top row is my own from around 50-60 yrs The batch to the left were all Dads. NO idea how old they were,but over 70yrs. Click to enlarge

Nice knives Bill! And thanks for the background story about them!

View attachment 89397View attachment 89398View attachment 89399View attachment 89400

Thanks for sharing your pictures Bill, those are some really nice knives. That antler handle carving is a really unique piece!

Always nice to have some that were owned by your dad too :clapping:

I couldn't quite make out yours on the right but looks like maybe smooth bone handles, what brand is it?

Wanted to share one of my latest findings. Difficult to pinpoint, but was told possibly a pre WWII Camillus cattleman knife (with some miles on it as Frank would say)

It was pretty rough when I got it, had a lot of rust and grime. Seller took $25 for it as a salvage for parts knife, but once cleaned up it doesn't look all that bad. 20200603_124341.jpg

20200603_124451.jpg

20200603_124941.jpg

Thanks for sharing your pictures Bill, those are some really nice knives. That antler handle carving is a really unique piece!

Always nice to have some that were owned by your dad too :clapping:

I couldn't quite make out yours on the right but looks like maybe smooth bone handles, what brand is it?

Old Timer

[/COLOR]

Only if you put up a Sign stating ; ''This Is A Gun Free Zone''...:D...

If they did, this place would have problems. One of the tenants who visits her mom is going to get a concealed carry license and they cannot stop her from bring a firearm here since she's a visitor. I haven't seen any stores in town with a 'Gun Free Zone' sign but there are armed residents shopping in the local stores. I have one resident thinking about a paintball gun and freezing the paint balls, that's going to leave a mark in more than one way.:gun2:

That new machete is light compared to the one from Walmart, but just as deadly. I need to get two more one for the kitchen and the other for the clothes closet in the bathroom. While management doesn't want residents to have firearms, they didn't mention other types of weapons to defend yourself. On my computer table there's a can of wasp spray and a pair of scissors all within reach.

If they did, this place would have problems. One of the tenants who visits her mom is going to get a concealed carry license and they cannot stop her from bring a firearm here since she's a visitor. I haven't seen any stores in town with a 'Gun Free Zone' sign but there are armed residents shopping in the local stores. I have one resident thinking about a paintball gun and freezing the paint balls, that's going to leave a mark in more than one way.:gun2:

That new machete is light compared to the one from Walmart, but just as deadly. I need to get two more one for the kitchen and the other for the clothes closet in the bathroom. While management doesn't want residents to have firearms, they didn't mention other types of weapons to defend yourself. On my computer table there's a can of wasp spray and a pair of scissors all within reach.

I don't know why the sign would be a problem, Out here they have drug free signs around all the Schools, And there's aren't any drug problems in the schools , Right.;)..

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvester

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvester
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png