JUST KNIVES

Nice group of knives Randall! That engraved Gerber is a beauty!

Appreciate that Doug, it really surprised me when I opened it. The silver bolsters were dark until I cleaned them up, and the blade was sticking...but not any more, she cleaned up nice ThumbUp

New toy is here

Small, but, very sharp. Seems well made. Maybe a bit heavier than I thought, but, very pocketable. It has a pocket clip on the back. The red button is a little hard to push, it's almost recessed. Probably a good thing ... considering I don't need to do accidental surgery while in my pocket.

Front

2020-02-22 19.12.00.jpg

Back

2020-02-22 19.11.50.jpg

Open

2020-02-22 19.17.22.jpg

Action

Doug, I really like the cowboy action knife. Some fine stitching on the sheath. Is it machine sewn?

This one reminded me of my Dads Boy Scout knife. I'll get it out and post a pic. I have a Buck 103 skinner that has totally disappeared. If I ever find it, I'll post it, too.

Randall, you done good friend. You have an eye for beauty and bargains.

Tell Michele I apologize for my part in kindling your KAS. ​(Knife Acquisition Syndrome).

I've been traveling with this Rubber Gripped Back Lock SOG for a very long time. It's the best blade I've ever had and the grip has never let me slip. Can anyone tell me the Model of this knife? 3.5" Blade. Thanks

View attachment 83576

That looks like a Tomcat, here's a link to what I found...it's a good looking knife

You can go back to the parent directory for list of models from there

http://www.sogknivescollectors.com/attachments/Image/sog_tomcat_1_original/

sog-tomcat-1-original-box-sheath-jwpablo-ebay.jpg

Doug, I really like the cowboy action knife. Some fine stitching on the sheath. Is it machine sewn?

Bill, I am pretty sure it is machine sewn. I bought it on-line from a website called Montana Americana. I had bought the knife at a Civil War cavalry re-enactment and found the sheath looking at CAS vendor sites. Here is a link to their site... they make custom knives too.

http://montanaamericana.com

I got out my Dad's Boy Scout knife and cleaned it up a bit. Afraid do anything to the sheath.

It's a Kinfolk. I never heard of them before, so I looked them up. In business from 1920 to 1957 and an affiliate of Case knives. This is called an Outer's Style Boys Knife. Sold during the depression for $1.50.

My estimates that my Dad had this somewhere between 1934 and 1940 (his teen years). The catalog shows that the blade should have 5/8" longer than it is. He either used the heck out of it, or broke the tip at some point.

KIMG0666_01.JPG

KIMG0668_01.JPG

Back