Keokuk, Iowa

Reaction score
Have had a GW 1800 trike, a Roadsmith by the Trike Shop. Going to trade for a trike that has the softest ride. Looking at a Harley Ultra with a Motortrike kit. That's as far as I've gotten... Hello to the forum and all its members.... Mike

Welcome Mike. I always enjoy riding by the corn fields out that way. My wife gets a little sick of my always saying "look dear, more corn".:qpnmt:

Welcome. Best wishes for finding a trike that meets your "comfy" requirements. I chose a Motor Trike, but you wouldn't believe how that selection was made :)D :laugh: ;)). Regardless, have fun, post often, ride safe. :wave4:

Welcome to the site from the U P of Michigan. I have never ridden a Harley trike, so I am quite surprised by your wanting to trade a Gold Wing for a Harley. I know my trike, a 1990 vintage, isn't as comfortable as the newer Wings, but it's still pretty comfortable. Is it the Roadsmith, the suspension, straight axel, hard tires? I would like to know your opinion on a Harley trike right out of the factory if that is what you end up getting. Keep us posted.

H-D Motor Trike

I would NEVER, EVER buy a H-D with a Motor Trike conversion. I have a 2003 Road King classic. It is a Motor Trike conversion.

* They will NOT sell you a service manual. They do not care about their customers. They want you to take your problems to a dealer $$$

* Workmanship issues; the wiring looks like a 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] graders science project.

* One of the brake springs was twisted & installed backwards.

* The BIG issue is the swing arm mount broke off of the transmission case. This is a common issue with this conversion. $$$

Back