Kerrville Ride 2021

I think our camp is going to become a little city.

Kurt

Boondock City, AZ

Where the theme song will be "Down in the Boondocks" by Billy Joe Royal.

It took me weeks to get the song "90 miles an hour down a dead end street like a bad motorcycle with the devil in the seat" to stop playing in my head after Kerrville.

Then a couple of weeks ago I was following Pat on IH10 hearing it again.:)

What did you get for a toy hauler?

2021-Jayco-Jay-Flight-SLX-265TH-4378-53275.jpg
2021-Jayco-Jay-Flight-SLX-265TH-4378-53278.jpg
6431-265TH_1.png

congrats on your new toy...hauler!

Looks really functional.

Have you tried loading the trike yet?

I've got Kevin's 1" lift and still need to use some 2x12s when loading in my enclosed.....

I haven't watched other people load their trikes.....

Is it normal to just be able to drive right up the ramp w/o scraping pipes???

Chuck

I've got Kevin's 1" lift and still need to use some 2x12s when loading in my enclosed.....

I haven't watched other people load their trikes.....

Is it normal to just be able to drive right up the ramp w/o scraping pipes???

Chuck

Most have to put something under the ramp and crank front as high as they can. Depends how level the ground is.

This is what we did:ramp.jpg

Our 26th is basically the same as seniorsgt's.

Jan & John

Most have to put something under the ramp and crank front as high as they can. Depends how level the ground is.

This is what we did:View attachment 99290

Our 26th is basically the same as seniorsgt's.

Jan & John

Thanks for the pic!!!

Yeah, I crank that tongue jack up before unloading.....

:)

Usually I can keep the trailer attached to the truck, but I have had to disconnect before to get the front of the trailer high enough to compensate for ground at the back of the trailer being sloped wrong......

Did you add that diamond plate ramp extender?

Did you take off a shorter plywood one there came originally on the trailer?

How much "bend" do you get in the diamond plate when driving up???

My rear ramp door has rubber "bumpers" at the top that rest on the ground when the ramp is down. Do you have those and do you still put a piece of wood under them?

I think I need to get busy and do something like that instead of just carrying a bunch of wood blocks.....

Chuck

Thanks for the pic!!!

Usually I can keep the trailer attached to the truck, but I have had to disconnect before to get the front of the trailer high enough to compensate for ground at the back of the trailer being sloped wrong......

My rear ramp door has rubber "bumpers" at the top that rest on the ground when the ramp is down. Do you have those and do you still put a piece of wood under them?

I think I need to get busy and do something like that instead of just carrying a bunch of wood blocks.....

Chuck

its a foam/luan/diamond plate composite bound with 1.25 aluminum channel. Turnbuckles hold the ramp higher for the extension.

https://www.triketalk.com/forum/thr...r-a-Toy-Hauler/page3?highlight=ramp+extension

Thanks for the pic!!!

Chuck

loaded my trike today , no ramps or blocks. tongue max up. my ramp is 6ft 9in long and i cleared top and bottom

loaded my trike today , no ramps or blocks. tongue max up. my ramp is 6ft 9in long and i cleared top and bottom

Thanks for the info!!!

Does your trailer have a "ramp extender" that folds down? If so, how long is it?

My scraping issue is between the ground and the ramp, not from the ramp to the trailer deck....

Chuck

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvester

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvester
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png